Cyber Security Analyst - Birmingham
6th December 2018
£45000 - £45000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Cyber Security Analyst - Financial Services
Up to £45,000 per annum
I have an opportunity for a Cyber Security analyst to join a well renowned financial services business who are looking to grow to their Cyber Security function over the coming months. You will be working closely with the Head of Information Security to help define and deliver an operational security strategy. Due to growth within the function there may be the opportunity to specialise in specific areas of Cyber Security over the coming year.
This role is ideal for someone with a strong passion for working in the right way and reducing risks to the business. You will be comfortable working across the first line of operational security and the ideal candidate will already have 1/2 years of industry experience.
Skills for a Cyber Security Lead:
* Experienced being hands on with operational security
* Comfortable analysing security controls, network and host activity for both successful and unsuccessful intrusions
* Understanding of threat intelligence the ability to produce reports and briefings that can be presented back to the business
* Knowledge around Cyber Security process and ISO / NIST
* Comfortable dealing with senior stakeholders and working autonomously
* Excellent analytical skills with proficient use of security controls such as DLP, Email Gateways and Anti virus
* Industry Certification such as CISSP or CISM would be advantageous
Expectations of the Cyber Security Lead:
* Be willing to get hands on within the operational security function
* Be the subject matter expert for Cyber Security across all areas of the business
* Help define, support and implement the IT security strategy
* Ability to work between technical and non-technical users explaining changes being made to the security environment
As the Cyber Security Analyst, you will be comfortable working with both technical and non-technical staff members to secure and protect the business. This role will cover a broad remit and will allow you to develop your operational security skills working with senior stakeholders in a national environment.