6th December 2018
£30000 - £45000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Exergy is a high-tech engineering and consultancy company. We develop advanced environmental and sustainable solutions; and offer high-quality services to facilitate waste/biomass valorisation and in every aspect of the building sector and the associated environment. Our expert team has a strong capacity to generate new knowledge and test new ideas, which we try to facilitate with an adaptable culture valuing trust, openness, creativity and collaboration.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer/Architect to join our vibrant team and manage and implement software development in our collaborative R&D projects. For the right person, this is an exciting opportunity to make a meaningful environmental impact through the development of software applications. You will be experienced in software design and possess the ability to develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functions. You’ll be required to make intuitive high-level decisions, so the ability to see the "big picture" is a must; yet working as part of a small team, a strong technical background, excellent IT skills and a pragmatic approach to work will help ensure success in this role.
- Provide technical and architectural leadership across the Engineering team
- Design, coordinate development and deliver software products and e-commerce solutions at scale
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of the desired product(s)
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Design and implement next-generation web applications with a focus on user-facing features
- Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system availability, resilience, and performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM subject, master’s preferred
- Proven experience translating business requirements into technology solutions.
- Experience working across the full stack of web applications, from a database to browser code.
- Strong software design skills and knowledge of design patterns
- Strong understanding of Service Oriented Architecture, micro-services, and system components including databases, data access methods, message queues, caching, and others
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and associated tools
- Prior experience building e-commerce solutions
- Knowledge of security practices
- Understanding of CMS systems, such as Drupal or Sitecore
- Understanding of Microsoft .NET and Azure technologies
- Familiar with big data technologies, such as Hadoop or Spark
- Experience with mobile development
- Experience in developing code with AWS, Google App Engine, or other major cloud providers
- Work as part of a growing team of enthusiastic professionals
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- 25 days holiday plus Bank holidays
- Flexible work environment
- Training opportunities
- Company pension
Please note: we will consider both permanent and contract applications.
To apply, please submit your CV with a cover letter briefly explaining your motivation and suitability for the position.
Deadline for applications: 01/01/19