Senior Linux Engineer
5th December 2018
£266 - £443
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
I currently have an urgent need for a Senior Linux Engineer starting with a 3 month contract based in Brisbane CBD Starting ASAP!
I'm looking for a Senior Linux Engineer with Linux Administration experience to take a lead role in the establishment and management of a cloud-based technical environment in Azure. You dont need to be an Azure expert but knowledge of Azure is needed
You will be working with a client who is currently undergoing a major digital transformation program. You will be responsible for preparing the production environment for deployment and transition to the operations support team.
The role requires at least 5 years experience working in an enterprise ICT environment with responsibility for commercial delivery of Enterprise Based Linux solutions and more than 2 years administering Linux (preferably on Azure).
Please see below Skills/ experience needed for this role:
· Red Hat Enterprise 7.x experience
· Certifications such as Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) a distinct advantage, Azure certifications also well regarded
· Extensive understanding of UNIX / Linux commands, start-up processes, shutdown processes, password recovery, batch scripting, automation, advanced configuration and remediation of problems
· Technical problem solving skills across application stacks, and ability to work effectively as a member of problem triage and project implementation teams
· Experience working with Oracle Linux and Oracle Enterprise v12+ Databases and IBM WebSphere components highly desirable
· Innovative and collaborative approach, working with the project team to deliver automated solutions
· Solid understanding of script programming and technologies such as Bash, Perl, PowerShell and Cobol (exposure to SpringBatch an advantage)
· A good knowledge of networking, Active Directory with experience working within Windows environments (across multiple technology facets)
· Experience with Open Source monitoring and management solutions
· Experience with SSL/HTTPS web applications, including certificate management
Interview for this role are starting from Friday so please apply ASAP to discuss the role further!
For more information please speak to Jamie Hanlon at Progressive IT
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit our website.
Award Winner for:
Best Medium Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2018
Training & Development Initiative of the Year by Recruitment International 2018