Lead Engineering Technician
4th December 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: Lead Engineering Technician
Contract length: 3 months initially with likely extension / permanent opportunity
Rates per hour: £20-£25 Per hour
We are recruiting for a returning customer who have an urgent requirement and can start this side of Christmas if this suits you.
First week in January start also considered. Interviews are taking place next week.
Main Responsibilities include:
* To be involved at a project level to understand products received into the company.
* To input into the design and manufacturability of products.
* To assemble and test all products (to include electrical, mechanical or electro/mechanical assemblies).
* To advise on the requirement for tooling, jigs and fixtures for new assembly builds.
* Produce first draft assembly / work instructions for each new build.
* To monitor and log assembly times for each new assembly providing feedback on each new project.
Key skills and attributes:
* Must have a solid background in technical / mechanical engineering including the ability to read, understand and follow technical drawings and assembly plans.
* Must have, and be able to demonstrate, experience of electro mechanical assembly & production
* Interpret customer engineering drawings
* Must be confident and competent in a Customer facing environment
* Solid Manufacturing experience.
* Excellent computer skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft office.
* Numerate & literate.
* Organised and methodical.
* Able to multitask on a number of different projects
* Able to work on own initiative.
* Ability to travel off-site perhaps at short notice or for extended periods.
* To support the Engineering Team in other areas when and if required.
If this is something that would be of interest to you then please get back to us with an updated CV.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com
Huxley Engineering, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales