4th December 2018
£45000 - £60000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
£45,000 - £60,000 Plus Pension
Kortext is the UK’s leading personal learning platform and a global supplier of digital textbooks to the higher education sector. We work with some of the biggest names in publishing and supply millions of students worldwide with the materials they need to succeed in their education.
Due to ongoing expansion, we are now looking for a number of experienced full stack developers with an emphasis on back-end development to join us at the beginning of 2019 to support the delivery of our ambitious product strategy. We are also eager to hear from freelance developers looking for an exciting, fast-paced contract.
As a Back-End Developer, you will:
- Help to develop and deploy new functionality for Kortext’s proprietary learning platform
- Utilise your full-stack experience and focus on back-end development
- Discuss and analyse specifications to refine requirements and propose solutions
- Provide level of effort (LOE) estimates
- Support critical or escalated customer issues
- Help to embed scalable development processes
- Write efficient reusable and reliable code
- Deal with bugs and maintenance issues
- Perform unit tests and code reviews
- Assist with QA testing and troubleshooting
- Provide a point of contact for stakeholders
- Identify areas of potential process improvement
- Participate in business projects and initiatives
Please note, the hours you work will need to have at leave five hours overlap with EST (GMT-5).
To join Kortext as a Back-End Developer, you will need:
- Experience of architecting, programming, and shipping back-end RESTful APIs, Serverless Lambda Functions, and microservices using Node.js or a similar platform
- Experience of building multi-tier architecture solutions
- Strong hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure and GCP
- Design and architecture knowledge as well as familiarity with object oriented analysis and design patterns (OOA/OOD)
- Solid knowledge of relational databases, NoSQL data stores, database design, querying, and the trade-offs between different database types such as Firestore, Redis, MongoDB, MSSQL, Postgres and MySQL
Other organisations may call this role Back-End Developer, Full Stack Developer, Software Architect, Software Developer, Backend Developer, Back End Software Developer, Software Engineer, Full Stack Programmer, Software Programmer, or Back-End Programmer.
- Excellent salary of £45,000 - £60,000
- Work from home
- Enjoy a fast-paced, exciting working environment
- Support the success of a platform that’s at the forefront of education’s digital revolution
- Consolidate your skill-set
- Work with talented Designers, Systems Engineers and Software Engineers in a global development operation
Webrecruit and Kortext are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
To apply for the role of Back-End Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.