IT Project Manager - all levels
PwC Augment is an established business which provides skilled staff members to clients, supporting their Business As Usual (BAU) and / or exceptional projects. Our staff predominately work from client office locations, focusing on supporting clients to implement and execute their specific projects. With over 450 staff, we are a growing business with continued expansion plans following widespread success and demand. We know that our employees make us successful, which is why we are committed to providing career development opportunities, promoting employee wellbeing while also encouraging a culture of innovation and a place where our people can "be the best they can be”.
We are looking for experienced Project Managers who can support and manage the execution of complex projects which are typically of higher risk (technical, organisational, reputation), high value or are of strategic importance. Every project we work on is varied, however your typical responsibilities will include
- Stakeholder Management and Reporting, including potentially to regulators
- Planning for delivery of large programmes.
- Reporting on project costs and forecasts, identifying issues and suggesting potential cost savings for consideration.
- Project Communications by developing and distributing internal project communications,
- Continuous Process Improvement by understanding current practices and identifying areas for improvement.
Who we are
PwC Augment is an exciting part of the business which provides skilled employees to many of the firm’s leading clients, primarily in the banking and financial services sector for business as usual and one-off projects. We are currently growing a technology capability to support these clients and we are looking for skilled Project Managers who will support the execution of technology and change projects for our clients. As projects are typically carried out on client sites, our team members work from both local and international locations for the duration of client engagements.
The Project Manager is held accountable for the overall project delivery processes including project planning, scheduling, costing, execution, risk management activities and closing processes. This role interfaces with internal and external resource providers to mobilize a project team across Technology, Digital, Data, Business and Security to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager ensures project execution is delivered in accordance to quality assurance and control activities
The responsibilities of each role will vary depending on client needs but will likely include
- Track and monitor project progress and escalate issues to appropriate stakeholders
- Identify necessary management structures for projects and ensure all key project stakeholders are informed and involved
- Manage assigned internal and external resources within the scope of the project, provide a collaborative and performance driven environment
- Liaise with client groups to execute project deliverables
- Continually identify, prioritize and mitigate project risks and issues
- Ensure that project deliverables are executed in accordance with the methodologies and meets business requirements.
- Effectively manage project teams’ time and allocate resources to ensure deliverables are completed
- Manage procurement and contract management processes when applicable
- Forecast internal resource capacity by tracking the progress of projects across the portfolio
- Estimate project costs and manage the budget (includes related scope control)
- Complete regular project reporting and change order request processes as outlined by the PMO
Project Management experience to include
- Managing multiple dependencies between projects
- Allocating tasks and monitoring execution performance
- Presenting and consolidating project status reports
- Demonstrate financial Project/Portfolio management
- Experience of project management toolsets e.g. MSP
- Understanding of different methodologies including Agile, Waterfall, PRINCE2
- Understanding of collaboration toolsets e.g. Sharepoint, Powerpoint as well as an understanding of Digital technologies including Web, Cloud and Data
What is in it for you
As we’re responsive to client demands, your role will be varied and challenging, providing you with an opportunity to work with a wide variety of high profile clients. In addition to the client projects and training, our employees are also rewarded with various other benefits offered as part of your employment
- Our dedicated internal Careers Service.
- Competitive salary plus a potential discretionary bonus (performance related).
- 25 days standard holiday pro rata, with options to increase this through your benefits package.
- A flexible benefits scheme that be tailored to suit your (and your family’s) needs. Provision of a group pension plan with additional funding provided by PwC.