Region Assurance - Data & Analytics Manager
A career within Data and Analytics Technology services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. We make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge.
About our team
leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge.
About our team
PwC work with some of the largest UK and international organisations. These organisations are collecting and using more data than ever before to drive their business, serve their customers and to meet expected standards and regulatory requirements. As data becomes more integral to the operations and management of businesses, the businesses and environments in which they operate are becoming more complex. This introduces new and ongoing challenges that organisations need to face in order to understand and make effective and efficient use of the data that they hold. It is essential that we are equipped to help our clients face these challenges and take advantage of the opportunities that new techniques and technologies present.
Our DAA team work with clients to deliver crucial insight through data analytics, advanced modelling and data visualisation. We also help our clients to establish the right controls, processes and structures to ensure that decisions are based on accurate information. We often assure that information and data provided to regulators and third parties is accurate, complete and can be trusted.
What makes us different is our ability to combine data analytics and assurance with our other offerings across the firm, enabling us to provide truly innovative services and solutions to our clients.
About the role
PwC’s strength is our ability to work with our clients on the key issues that impact their business and utilise industry leading data analysis techniques and approaches as part of excellence in client delivery.
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic individuals to join our DAA team. People with the right blend of hands-on data experience, an eye for innovation to help us build client offerings and an understanding of the markets in which we work.
As a Manager in our practice you’ll have the opportunity to develop your career whilst driving the growth of our business, working with our London Regional Assurance (LRA) clients.
You’ll have a passion for leadership, helping new and existing clients deliver quality and strengthen their insights, as well as an understanding of data processes. As part of a market-leading assurance team, you’ll support large global corporate clients in improving their data, processes and visualisations.
London Region Assurance (LRA) is a fast growing business unit with a unique assurance division offering a broad range of services, including Audit, Risk Assurance and Transaction Services (TS), which are tailored to assist mid-sized and entrepreneurial clients, grow and overcome the complex challenges they face. Our client base varies hugely.
- You’ll be responsible for the execution and delivery of work across a combination of audit and advisory engagements and also have the following responsibilities.
- Be an active member of the team on client-facing project work, being self-starting and motivated to produce the required high standard of deliverables.
- Owning and delivering the data analysis work on a portfolio of audit clients.
- Supporting our Data Assurance propositions and delivery methodologies.
- Assisting business development activities through working on bids and proposal responses.
- Establishing credibility both internally and externally through your knowledge, approach, and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrable experience working with Data.
- A technical background in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Analytics or similar.
- Demonstrable ability in at least some of the following areas Data Analytics, SQL and data manipulation, Data quality and cleansing techniques, understanding of the principles of data governance, Advanced MS Excel, Access, ACL and accounting.
- Knowledge of database and ETL technologies.
- Experience of using data analytics and visualisation products and technologies (such as Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview, or PowerBI)
- Experience of business analysis tasks and approaches.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of performing on project teams and providing deliverables.
- Ability to identify and address client needs, including developing and sustaining meaningful client relationships and understand the client’s business.
- Project management skills in relation to data management projects, including developing project plans, budgets and deliverables schedules.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to develop new ideas into structured, deliverable projects.
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills, including communication with stakeholders of a non-data background.
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills.
We’re one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity