Java EE Performance Eng - Financial Services
||Up to €0.00 per annum
Java EE Performance Engineer & Architect - Financial Services
* Dublin South
* Negotiable Daily Rate
* Production Performance Analysis and Tuning of Java EE products/platforms.
* Create Performance Test Plans
* Perform release and software patch performance testing for the Fraud Product Suite in the Fraud dedicated performance environment.
* Perform Java EE Code reviews to assure code is adhering to best performance practices and assist with performance related problem resolutions.
* Tune Apache, WebSeals, JBoss/Websphere applications and Linux/Aix servers for best performance.
Additional Skills Needed
* Provide instructions for tuning Infrastructure and software for the best performance
* Analyze MQ Series and iLog related performance issues in addition to Gemfire NoSQL and Oracle/Postgres database related performance issues.
* Work with both onshore and offshore talent to complete performance related tasks.
* Adhere to and enforce consistent company and department testing standards and procedures.
* Provide weekly status information regarding progress and provide presentations to stakeholders. Must have good communication skills.
* Work across many problem domains to help with performance related issues as assigned.
* Understand Network latencies, geolocation and bandwidth dependencies around performance, caching and both front and backend optimization techniques.
* Experience with Splunk, Dynatrace, StormRunner/LoadRunner or Jmeter/Gatlin.
* Good understanding of load balancing, expiration headers, compression, CDNs, etc.
* Good understanding of TCP/IP sockets, TCP Slowstart/congestion.
* Have good understanding of Java EE performance design patterns and anti-patterns.
* Looking for an advanced Java EE Systems Engineer with extensive experience and willing to take ownership for platform performance from the inception to delivery that will also help support performance for complex financial platforms while in production.
* This position is for someone with advanced technical knowledge who really likes to dig deep and uncover the smallest detail around performance issues. Be a part of the central Performance Engineering team.
* The chosen candidate for this position will be a Systems Performance Engineer and someone that is fluent in Java EE Architecture to provide guidance/consultation/testing with respect to engineering Java software for performance to product delivery teams and aligning infrastructure configurations for best overall performance.
* They will provide guidance and testing services to architects, developers, operations personnel, network personnel, etc. with respect to helping teams design and develop high performing Java applications that operate with a predictable platform design with respect to capacity.
* This position will help lead performance discipline throughout software development lifecycle to analyze business requirements and customer preferences and recommend best performance practices in working with various application delivery teams.
* They will share technical acumen with both DEV, operations and testing resources while they measure, test, and design, inspect, and be ultimately help drive delivery of high performing/high scalable Java EE solutions using an agile methodology.
* This candidate will conduct both manual and automated performance testing, manage performance defects, and troubleshoot performance issues covering platform hardware analysis, scalability, and application profiling (JVM, Databases, etc).
* They will partner with operations teams and bridge the gap between understanding of software and infrastructure when it comes to knowledge around performance.
To apply or to find out more please get in touch with me direct on 01-6455 250 or shane.omahony AT experis.ie