Kortext is the UK’s leading personal learning platform and a global supplier of digital textbooks to the higher education sector. We work with some of the biggest names in publishing and supply millions of students worldwide with the materials they need to succeed in their education.
We are now seeking a Business Analyst to join our global team of 90+ personnel and support the development of our leading software, aimed primarily at the Higher Education market.
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- As much tea and coffee as you can drink
- Regular paid for team lunches and events
- Great central Bournemouth location with easy access to rail and bus links
- Childcare vouchers
- Personal development and training opportunities
- The chance to attend our annual tech conference in Canada
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 25 with service)
This is a brilliant opportunity to play a key role in the ongoing development and growth of a unique platform that is transforming the way students learn.
You will have the chance to collaborate with a highly-skilled team and help shape and develop an innovative product that is driving education’s digital revolution.
As well as an excellent range of benefits, you will be supported to build on your existing expertise, pursue your professional ambitions and realise your full potential.
As one of our Business Analysts, you will support the development of our software throughout the entire product life cycle.
Supporting the Product Managers, you will liaise with stakeholders to research the product, write requirements and support software users.
Reporting to our Head of Product, your duties will involve:
- Interviewing and observing users and stakeholders to build a strong understanding of potential business issues
- Analysing data to identify patterns and trends that may impact user experience
- Creating detailed business requirements and user stories
- Developing wireframes/mock-ups to explain requirements
- Taking part in user acceptance testing and quality checks
- Occasionally travelling to visit clients throughout the UK and attend off-site meetings
To join us as a Business Analyst, you will need:
- Experience of gathering technical requirements and translating them into functional specifications
- The ability to demonstrate software platforms
- A degree level qualification
- A meticulous approach
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Experience in product development, sales or marketing in the Higher Education space would be beneficial to your application. Knowledge of teaching and learning platforms would also be advantageous.
Other businesses may call this role Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Business Change Analyst, BI Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst or Product Analyst.
Webrecruit and Kortext are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Business Analyst, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.