Mobile App QA Engineer
26th November 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
First Utility Group is a challenger energy and broadband provider, operating as a wholly owned subsidiary group of the Shell Petroleum Company Limited (Shell). Currently serving approximately 825,000 homes, the company launched in 2008 to provide an alternative to the incumbent energy providers with lower-priced energy, great customer service and innovative technology. Over the last ten years it has also helped customers waste less energy through the use of innovative technology that gives insight into individual usage and greater control.
We are proud to deliver award winning service and as we continue to challenge the industry, our talented people are integral to our journey. As we continue to grow our Team and expand our service offering, we now have office locations in Coventry, London, Krakow and Hamburg.
We’re looking for a Mobile App QA Engineer to join our Digital Platform Team to help us continue to make that difference.
How the role fits in
Based in Coventry, this is a key role within our digital serve team helping instil quality in our mobile applications covering a wide range of areas, including customer account management, retention, personalisation and launching of new offers/customer propositions.
You’ll be working in a fast paced environment that encourages lean thinking, experimentation and continuous delivery principles. We currently use Lean but this should not limit candidates who have experience of other Agile frameworks. Above all, we are looking for people who love shipping quality code frequently into production and can collaborate effectively within a cross-functional team of front and back-end API developers, QA, UX specialists, visual designers and wider product stakeholders.
You will be involved in driving high-quality, customer centric, testing throughout the team to ensure the best possible customer experience.
What you'll need to help you make the best of the role
- Proven experience in testing mobile applications
- Experience of app deployments, Hockeyapp / Testflight etc
- Proficient in manual testing
- Experience of mobile debugging tools
- Excellent levels of communication and networking
- Ability to work well on your own as well as part of a team
- Ability to create and distribute clear, concise test reports
- Ability to define and drive testing requirements
- Ability to create and maintain test plans
- Logical and consistent approach to defect investigation, classification and reporting
- Demonstrate proficient cross-device and cross-platform testing of mobile apps
- Good knowledge of device emulation, XCode Simulator / Genymotion / VirtualBox etc
- Extensive UI testing experience
The 'nice to haves'
- Experience with JSON / XML
- Demonstrate Lean experience
- Knowledge of source control (e.g. Git / SVN)
- Experience of dedicated test plan management systems such as Hiptest
- Management of issue tracking systems such as Jira
- Experience of automation tooling eg. UIAutomator / Appium / Cucumber / Selenium
- Experience of Google play developer console and iTunes connect
- Industry recognised qualifications (e.g. ISTQB, ISEB)
What you'll get in return
Our people are our business, so our mindset is people first. Spending much of your time at work, we know it’s not just about a rewarding career, development opportunities and competitive salary - the work space, relaxation areas and coffee matter too!
We recently launched First Forward, our online guide to development opportunities with information on available apprenticeships, career pathways and our mentoring scheme; helping our colleagues reach their full potential.
First Perks is our benefits portal where you can access BUPA Private Healthcare, childcare vouchers, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, our staff tariffs and exclusive savings and discounts from nearly 900 retailers - including holiday deals to help you make the best of your 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays). First Perks features discounts for many of the biggest brands - from Lastminute.com to Amazon, from John Lewis to Tesco; there is something for everyone.
We’re proud to support our charity partner the NSPCC and offer regular fundraising events from bake-offs to London Marathon entries. Our teams enjoy quarterly socials, some more adventurous than others! One tradition we’ve held on to as we’ve grown is "Fruity Friday" - heaps of free fresh fruit for all, every Friday