IT Security Officer
||Office for Students
||£45,992 - £48,292
||Office for Students
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
The Office for Students (OfS) was established by the Higher Education and Research Act in 2017 and became fully operational in April 2018. OfS` primary aim is to ensure that English higher education is delivering positive outcomes for students - past, present, and future. Our objectives are to ensure that students, from all backgrounds (particularly those from the most disadvantaged):
1) Are supported to access, succeed in, and progress from, higher education
2) Receive high quality academic experience and their interests are protected while they study or in the event of provider, campus or course closure
3) Are able to progress into employment or further study, and their qualifications hold their value over time.
4) Receive value for money
The Resources, Finance & Transformation directorate provides critical services to the OfS to enable the organisation to deliver its strategy. The directorate ensures that the OfS complies with statutory and other public sector requirements, identifies and manages risks and opportunities, and co-ordinates efforts across the organisation to be efficient and effective.
The aim of the role `IT Security Officer` is to ensure the security of the IT services and data therein. Key responsibilities include designing, implementing and maintaining an integrated and layered security architecture. The role requires engagement with a variety of stakeholders including; liaising closely with service transition to ensure new implementations are compliant with security standards, policies, procedures and technical best practice; working closely with service delivery to ensure services are being operated with the security measures specified and to the processes set out; working both with external suppliers and the internal infrastructure team; and working closely with Governance around security education and play a key role in the Information Systems Security Group.
In this role, the postholder may support SRU projects from time to time.
The key person attributes required to fulfil this role include:
- extensive experience as an IT security professional who has a balanced risk based approach to developing appropriate security in facilitating business requirements;
- a personable and professional approach to work;
- passion for technology and IT security;
- comfortable in working with people;
- and excellent verbal communication skills.
Location: Bristol based with occasional travel.
The role is full time.
Closing date: 23:55 on 2nd December 2018.
Shortlist: 5th December 2018.
Interview date: 14th December 2018.
If you have any particular requirements in relation to the selection process, please let us know immediately so that we can discuss any reasonable adjustments you may need. We are requesting this information to make the process as equitable as possible for each candidate.
OfS is working towards equal opportunities in employment.