Junior IT Support Technician / IT Service Desk Technician
Job Title: Junior IT Support Technician
Location: Derby, Derbyshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company was founded in 1809 and is the largest casual tableware brand in the UK. Their heritage is at the core of their business and their stoneware is still proudly made in England.
The Company's Brand positioning is 'Styled by Life' - versatile, beautiful and durable tableware and cookware designed for modern life. In recent years they have expanded into licensed tableware (Monsoon and James Martin), Glassware, Accessories and Cookshop products to offer the full tabletop solution. The Head Office is based in the village of Denby, Derbyshire close to the A38/M1 with subsidiaries in North America and South Korea. Their product is available widely through their retail partners, their own Retail stores, websites and a number of distributor websites.
They are currently looking for a Junior IT Support Technician to help support their company and departments various computer systems and IT infrastructure.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Building / Installing / Upgrading / Supporting of company Desktop PCs, Laptops and Mobiles of varying Operating System level
* Administration of the company Windows network infrastructure (incl. User accounts / Server administration)
* Administration and support of the company email & telephony systems
* Disaster recovery and business continuity plans across all business systems
* Monitoring of day-to-day operations (incl. systems backups)
* Front line support to all company system users
* Maintain documentation of operational procedures and policies
* Assist in user training when required
* Assist on the compliance to any applicable data protection policies (GDPR 2018)
* Adherence to all company policies and its procedures
The successful candidate will have/be:
* Keen interest in all computing hardware and software facets
* Microsoft Windows Operating Systems - User side
* PC hardware & software installation skills
* Willingness to learn new technologies to support future business requirements
* Multi-tasking & time management skills
* Polite and Courteous manner, with good interpersonal skills
* Flexible and open-minded attitude
* Full clean UK driving licence
* Microsoft Windows Operating Systems - Server side (desirable)
* Email systems product knowledge (desirable)
* AntiVirus / AntiMalare product knowledge (desirable)
The hours of the role are 08:45 - 17:00 Monday to Friday but there would potentially be the requirement to work outside of standard working hours to perform necessary support functions, system changes /or upgrades and support over busy trading times.
There also may be some travel to remote sites to offer on-site support when necessary.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: 1st Line Technical Support, IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 1st Line Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, Desktop Support, 1st Line Support and IT Systems Support may also be considered for this role.