IT Support Engineer / 1st Line Support Engineer / IT Helpdesk
22nd November 2018
£22000 - £28000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: 1st Line IT Support Engineer
Salary: £22,000 - £28,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company are one of the premier UK specialists in SAP HANA and Microsoft Azure. They provide expert support to some of the largest global brands as well as leading SME's. They achieve this through a combination of amazing talent and providing the highest quality customer service. So how are they different and why should you join the team?
Are you a frustrated 1st line Engineer? Do you wish you could spend more time involved with fellow IT professionals than end users? Their customers are the IT departments of major UK and international companies. Do you wish to develop your skills and progress your career? Then you should apply here.
About the Role:
They are seeking to expand their Technical Support team which provides 1st and 2nd line technical support to their customers across their services.
You will be a highly motivated team player with excellent customer communication and interaction skills. You will already have experience of working in a support team environment providing technical support to external customers. They diligently engage with customers to identify support issues proactively and reactively within their services including SAP HANA, Microsoft Azure, IT Infrastructure, VMware virtualisation as well as Business Applications. The role is based at their Nottingham office and supports customers on a Global basis.
* Providing support to a wide range of customers in relation to infrastructure, configuration and Cloud technologies
* Resolving customer issues, incidents and problems where feasible at 1st or 2nd line through Runbooks and technical investigation
* Providing additional out of hours support on a rota based system
* Ensuring a timely response to Customer issues and incidents which are received via Telephone, App, Email or the Service desk tools
* Actively engaging through communication and all forms of interaction with Customers to understand, troubleshoot and identify issues and resolutions to these issues where possible
* Working with other Technical and Consultant teams to identify and codify new Cloud solutions and automation technologies, primarily Azure, Linux, Ansible, and Salt
* Performing customer optimisation daily checks, updates and maintenance to maximise the performance and availability of real-time analytics and data processing solutions
The successful Candidate will have/ be:
* Ability to troubleshoot technical issues
* At least 1 year in a technical service desk or technical support desk environment
* Solid understanding of Linux
* An understanding of Cloud solutions - ideally Microsoft Azure
* A logical problem solver and thinker - able to simplify problems and identify root cause
* Excellent communication skills in both oral and written forms are required
* Friendly, considerate and supportive - enjoys working in a team
* Good listener and able to understand problems and issues
* Experience of IT in large organisations ITIL practices, large networks, security and process
* Experience with SuSE, RedHat and Ubuntu
* Experience of backup technologies and virtualisation
* Experience of working within an agile development environment (ideally Kanban/Scrum) with strong collaboration skills
* Knowledge of Windows-based systems
* Experience of using IT support tools, diagnostic and configuration scripts and processes as well as Automation. Exposure to tools such as Ansible, Chef, Salt and Puppet would be beneficial
* Practical working knowledge of managing cloud-based infrastructure (eg. Terraform, CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager)
* Microsoft Azure certifications or qualifications
* Any Linux orientated certifications (LPIC, RHCE etc)
What's on offer:
* Highly competitive salary and excellent benefits package
* Hugely supportive working environment with a dynamic culture and company
* Personal development, training and knowledge sharing from the CEO downwards
* Flexible and diverse working environment
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV with a Cover Letter for this role
Candidates with previous experience or job titles including; Desktop Support Engineer, Cloud Support Engineer, Technical Support Specialist, Technical Consultant, Linux, Azure, Technical Support Engineer, Cloud Engineer, Linux Support Engineer may also be considered for this role.