Java Team Lead - London - Up To £80,000 - Market Leading Company, Generous Bonus Scheme, Flexible Working Hours…
My Client is looking for a Team Lead Java Developer. Someone who can share their knowledge, introduce best practices, guide their teammates and coordinate work. They need a Team Lead Java Developer who can envision the full potential of our platform and strive to improve our teams to deliver. They want a champion and a forward thinker, someone who knows the value of the agile software development methodology. A Team Lead Java Developer who can liaise with all sides of the business to get the best results.
Who are you and how will your career here grow?
The ideal candidate is a Back End Java Developer who thrives in a fast-moving tech world where the work changes daily. You will want to step up into a Lead role or have been operating as one but want to move beyond churning out small fixes and simple repetitive code. You should want to be involved in the direction of the product and the company. You should believe in a collaborative approach and you will want to use cutting-edge technology to solve complex problems. You should be looking for an opportunity to define your career path and grow with the company as they rapidly expand.
Team Lead Responsibilites:
* Lead. You will lead the team as a SCRUM Master to help the team deliver their sprint goals. You will provide support and training in best practices to junior Backend engineers. You will have line management responsibilities and be involved in interviewing candidates to bring into your team.
* Produce. You will produce quality coding of advanced features and fixes for our platform.
* Execute. You will work independently and as part of a team on the full lifecycle development of advanced cloud based systems. From brainstorming and technical design through to architecting, programming and unit testing.
* Perfect. You will carry out code reviews ensuring we maintain and improve our standards.
* Innovate. You will conduct research and actively contribute new ideas, tools, and methodologies to our design and development process.
* Keep up. You will work hard and fast with a group of the best developers around. And you will love it.
* Implement. You will establish best practices for backend coding, maintain high code quality and drive processes to enable efficient development and delivery of code.
* Collaborate. You will actively participate in team meetings; set and meet sprint deliverables; and, work alongside the automation team and product management team to resolve all issues as efficiently as possible.
* An experienced Back End Java Developer. You have experience working in Java (most recently Java 8), Spring, and Hibernate as well as NoSQL (MongoDB), Jenkins, git and Maven. Bonus points if you have hands on experience with: ElasticSearch, Amazon Web Services, Backbone.js and/or jQuery.js.
* A contributor. You are results-driven, with initiative, and highly capable of meeting deadlines. You are company-focused, and self-motivated.
* A research geek. You enjoy researching new methods and clearly presenting reasoning for alternate technologies or processes.
* Methodical, analytical, and detail oriented. You are a logical thinker; yet you are incredibly adept at thinking of all possible answers. You love the meticulous nature of going through every aspect of a product, every line of code, to ensure we are only releasing the best.
* An outstanding communicator. You have superior communication skills. You are concise, on point, and effective. You know how to listen and how to be heard. You are able to communicate both user requirements and technical details clearly across the team.
* An innovative problem-solver. You are flexible, but process-focused and you know how to balance urgency with long-term payoff. You are on a continuous search for improvements. You are never in a panic but you know how to get work done quickly, and accurately. The integrity of test results is your priority.
The client is looking to fill this position as soon as possible so to avoid missing out on this opportunity send your CV in today.
Pearson Frank International is the leading Java / PHP recruitment firm in the UK, advertising more JAVA & PHP jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Digital Agencies & End Users throughout the UK and Europe and we have never had more live requirements & Web Development jobs for JAVA & PHP professionals. By specialising solely in placing candidates in the JAVA & PHP market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in the UK and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities & JAVA / PHP jobs are.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
To discuss this opportunity as an Java Team Lead in more detail please send your CV in to Click here to contact this recruiter
in full confidence.
KeyWords: Pearson Frank, Java, Lead Developer , Team Lead, London, Greater London, United Kingdom