UX Designer - Corgi - HomeHeat
21st November 2018
£50000 - £50000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
UX Designer - Corgi - HomeHeat
Product design role embedded in a small, cross-functional team
CORGI HomeHeat, London
OVO’s UX community is growing and we’re looking for someone to join CORGI HomeHeat, our new home heating installation business. You’ll be helping us design better tools and services so we can help power the UK’s sustainable energy future.
Heating accounts for half of most people’s energy bills but they often don’t think about their boiler until it breaks. Our customers tell us buying a boiler is full of delays, hidden costs, and technical jargon. We’re setting out to change that.
We think getting a boiler should be as straightforward as ordering groceries online. No-one likes cold showers, so when something breaks a fast response is important. We imagine a future where our customers can get same-day installation of a new, energy-efficient boiler, one which reports faults before they’re an issue.
This is just the start, we’re piloting new business models and products too. An experimental mindset and rapid turnaround times are vital to our success. This is a great opportunity if you’re seeking to influence a growing team’s direction and take on increasing responsibility.
We’re building the future of our business and we’ve a lot to do. You’ll lead the interface design and information architecture, map and assess our customer experience, work with the team’s researcher to bring everyone closer to their users, and always be our customers’ champion.
You’ll work in London and collaborate with colleagues in Edinburgh"with occasional travel.
- design and deliver tools which help us build trust and reputation across the UK
- help your product team continuously prioritise work around customer feedback, and challenge them to take the time to validate ideas before committing to them
- show your team how a rapid and collaborative design process helps focus their efforts
- showcase to senior colleagues where UX is driving real customer and business value
- help the team construct and evolve their first service blueprint
You’ll define, shape, and deliver live solutions for our customers. And you’ll strive to ensure the user experience is consistent, human-centred, and delivers a best-in-industry service.
What you’ll be doing
First three months
- immerse yourself in the heating industry and our market challenges
- meet our customers and field engineers, and understand the programme of work
- start working straight away on iterating our new boiler purchase journey to increase sales
- pair with developers on design and reviews to ensure feasible and accessible solutions
- get to know your new team, and connect with our wider research and design community
Within six months
- plan and lead workshops to bring people together and build shared understanding
- work alongside our operations team to observe their workflows and frustrations
- collaborate with our marketing team to develop useful content which drives traffic
- spend time with our boiler installation engineers to understand their needs and identify where we might develop tools to make their lives easier
- involve everyone in a culture of collaborative research, design, and testing
You’ll love working with us if you...
- have a passion for understanding real people’s real problems, and an ability to coach the people you work with not to jump to solutions too quickly
- have a critical thinking process and enjoy studying problems to puzzle out the challenges
- recognise assumptions (including your own) and seek ways to try and invalidate them
- have a diverse and evolving toolbox of methods and techniques for visualising problems, user journeys, and interactions, as well as for developing and testing solutions
- are empathetic with colleagues as well as customers, especially when you’re communicating research findings, explaining the rationale behind a design, or challenging ways of working
- know your strengths, yet recognise there’s always more to learn from others
- are comfortable with change and embrace iteration
UX at OVO means helping teams see their product through the eyes of real people" understanding their context, motivations, and needs"so we can improve things for everyone.
Our researchers and designers use whatever methods and media are best suited to the challenge, and contribute to strategic choices about where user experience improvements could have the greatest impact. We like to use pair design, love design workshops, and put participants at the centre of our research. We fall in love with the problem, not our solutions.
OVO believes in fuelling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all. We were set up to challenge the status quo: to be the good ones, always find a way, and build something great. We embrace simplicity, transparency, and treating people and our planet fairly. And we understand that attracting and keeping the best talent is key to our bright future, so our people will always share in our success. Our benefits are nice too.
We celebrate diversity and value equal opportunity: the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential. So send us your resume. Ask lots of questions.
To apply for the role of UX Designer (Corgi, HomeHeat), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: UX Designer, UX Developer, User Experience Designer, UI Designer, UI Developer, User Interface Designer, Front End Designer, Creative Designer, Multimedia Designer, Designer.