Technical Support Engineer
||£29000 - £42000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Technical Support Engineer
37 hrs/wk, Mon-Fri
I am recruiting a Technical Support Engineer to work for a FTSE 250 engineering support services organisation in Barrow-in-Furness. This role would support the UK's largest naval defence project and deliver a new generation of nuclear powered submarines.
You would join a team of like-minded Engineers, who pride themselves on innovative solutions and approaches, to provide in-service support to the country's most significant naval project. By applying engineering domain knowledge competently, you would provide technical solutions in the delivery of products and services while continuously developing your experience and leadership skills. You will work alongside Design Engineer's to influence the design of the submarine before it is built and to develop an in-service support solution to ensure the submarine can be maintained within safe operating limits.
* Ensure procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities.
* Ensure task and project risks are communicated appropriately.
* Contribute to Product Safety Assessment process.
* Provide a technical interface with internal and external stakeholders at a detailed level.
* Carry out technical investigations and analysis to provide data for problem assessment/resolution and for design of improvements.
* Contribute to process improvement within the operational and/or design lifecycle to deliver continuous improvements in quality, cycle time and asset utilisation.
* Apply engineering domain knowledge to produce technical solutions and documentation in support of assigned task and project.
* Ensure appropriate review, verification and approval is undertaken
* Plan, deliver and monitor assigned tasks and projects, ensuring requirements are delivered to time, quality and cost.
* Keep up to date in relevant technical areas and develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide effective delivery.
* Participate in bid preparation to facilitate the development of successful bids.
* Provide help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working, and their development.
* May act as Technical Authority or Engineering Lead when authorised to do so by Chief Engineer or delegated authority.
* Degree Qualified in any of the following disciplines: Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths.
* Knowledge of product lifecycle engineering or support of complex engineering systems and equipment, ideally Naval.
* A proven ability to work in a collaborative manner across a multi-disciplinary team and stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market-leading organisation to work on the UK's largest naval defence project and progress your career in an innovative environment. If you are looking for your next opportunity, please either apply online or contact Gemma Rogan on 0117 9309 739 or at