Cyber Security Consultant - Manchester
16th November 2018
£60000 - £60000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Cyber Security Consultant
Up to £60,000
I have an opportunity for a Cyber Security Consultant to join a central Manchester based business embarking on a huge technology change that requires them to add robustness to their Cyber Security function. You will be working closely with the Head of department to configure and manage a suite of security tools as well as provide risk mitigation advice to technical teams. It would be an advantage if you have knowledge of cloud and DevOps.
Skills for Cyber Security Consultant:
* Experience configuring SIEM tools CyberArk, SailPoint, Splunk etc.
* Knowledge around Cyber Security process and ISO / NIST / ANSI standards
* Able to conduct risk assessments and provide advice on risk mitigation
* Experience implementing security controls across the business
* Comfortable dealing with senior stakeholders and working autonomously
* Experienced in the improvement of Cyber Security tooling functionality
* Certified in CISM, CISSP, CEH etc
Expectations of the Cyber Security Consultant:
* Work with operational security teams to improve and configure the overall performance and usability of the toolset in house
* Support the ongoing improvement of IT Security within the business by looking for areas to improve reliability and use of tools
* Ability to work between technical and non-technical users explaining changes being made to the security environment
* Work with project teams and third parties to ensure that development & change is built with security in mind from the ground up
As the Cyber Security Consultant, you will be comfortable working with both technical and non-technical staff members to secure and protect the business. This role will cover a broad remit and will allow you to develop strong skills for a Cyber Security Consultant working with senior stakeholders in fast paced environment.