|Listed on:||16th November|
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that’s managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we’ve grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
Agile Analysts are core members of the Capability aligned agile delivery team, responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. They are also responsible for managing their own work, estimating its complexity and size, determining technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contributing to the continuous improvement of their agile team. The team members rely heavily on collaboration and communication and must place great emphasis on Agile Values and Principles in order to achieve a sustainable high performing status. They may also perform the role of Scrum Master when working with third parties.
The role is part of a wider Capability team within Corporate Technology, and can expect to contribute to other initiatives for which this team has responsibility as required. The role will report to the Capability Lead manager of this team.
The Client Reporting program is going to concentrate in the following tasks:
• Creation of cross-asset, multi geography reporting components.
• Identify Golden/Master Source data required for Client Reporting and facilitate the on-boarding of that data into a new Global Data Warehouse (GDW) application.
• Expose GDW data and other data sources to a 3rd party Client Reporting front end.
• Support the Capability [Client Reporting] Owners and Epic Owners/ Analysts to ensure that features and stories to be delivered by the Capability team are suitably well defined and structured.
• Ensuring committed PI Objectives and Sprint Objectives are met.
• Contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks, assisting on story QA/Testing when required.
• Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies.
• Supporting the Solution Architect in determining technical design based on business requirements.
• Participating enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies.
• Performing the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so.
• Engaging and building positive relationships with the stakeholders within the organisation.
• Challenging conventional wisdom and freely expressing their own opinion.
• Understanding the needs of our clients and the business and tailoring the approach accordingly.
General and Technical Skills:
• Experience with data migration and data analysis projects.
• SQL experience.
• Understanding of the business context: processes within Finance Operations for an Asset Management firm.
• Perform the role of Release Train Engineer.
• Clients reporting data is nice to have.
• Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, ideally SAFe is nice to have.
• Knowledge and experience of using business analysis techniques, methodologies and artefacts to support agile software development.
• Strong communication skills, experience managing relationships with stakeholders and suppliers.
• Good relationship management skills - able to engage with and gain confidence of others and maximise their contribution to the process.
• Confident enough to be able to challenge business ideas where they do not meet stated project objectives.
• Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions.
• Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc.
• Excellent ability to communicate how the work [features and stories] delivered by the Capability teams contributes to Epics.
• Collaborative team member
• Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds
• Proactive and self-organised.
• Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances.
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure.
• Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm.