Programme Manager (RTE)
16th November 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that’s managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we’ve grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings. We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
Program Manager with Asset Management / Financial Services experience is required for a very influential Project Management role that will necessitate a global client reporting solution across multiple territories in line with a Global Operating Strategy.
The Client Reporting program is going to concentrate on the following tasks:
• Creation of cross-asset, multi geography reporting components.
• Identify Golden/Master Source data required for Client Reporting and facilitate the on-boarding of that data into a new Global Data Warehouse (GDW) application.
• Expose GDW data and other data sources to a 3rd party Client Reporting front end. Key Responsibilities:
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
• Ability to control tight budgets.
• Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
• Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
• Perform the role of Release Train Engineer.
• Recent experience within the Asset Management Technology as a Project Manager that has delivered a project end to end (minimum 7 years Project Management Asset Management experience).
• Experience of delivering global client reporting tech solutions to within the Asset Management Technology.
• Past experience managing a portfolio of programmes (including external vendors).
• Experienced in Agile (SAFe) methodologies and disciplines.
• Proven experience of planning and executing strategic business objectives.
• Strong stakeholder management and engagement skill are crucial.
• Demonstrable experience of leading and developing a team of project resources in a complex, matrix managed environment.
• End to End / full delivery cycle experience.
• Experience working in a client facing role and comfortable overseeing client changes.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, at all levels and across different audiences.
• Ability to challenge senior management. ?
• Proven working experience as a project administrator in the information technology sector
• Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Understanding of the business context: processes within Finance Operations for an Asset Management firm.
• Clients reporting data is nice to have.
• Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, ideally SAFe is nice to have.
• Strong communication skills, experience managing relationships with stakeholders and suppliers.
• Confident enough to be able to challenge business ideas where they do not meet stated project objectives.
• Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions.
• Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc. Personal Attributes
• Inspiring and collaborative leader, model of agile leadership approach.
• Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds
• Proactive and self-organised.
• Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances.
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure.
• Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm.