Graduate Software Engineer / Software Developer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: Software Engineer - Graduate
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
The company is the global leader in product identification solutions with a range 'best in class' technologies spanning industrial inkjet, laser, thermal transfer, labelling and software.
The global purpose is 'Helping to realise life's potential'. Their contribution to that is solving the world's product identification challenges, which they accomplish by adhering to four fundamental guiding principles;
1 Place customers at the core of everything they do
2 Strive to create world-class solutions and capabilities
3 Win together every day with enthusiasm, humility and integrity
4 Be accountable to each other, their shareholders and the communities where they work and live
The Company has now an exciting opportunity for graduate or recent graduate Software Engineer to join their highly successful R&D team. In this role the candidate will design, develop and test software for their inkjet printers. The candidate will work closely with the design team as well as within a wider cross-functional R&D team.
The role includes occasional travel to international manufacturing and customer sites.
They are looking to recruit for the longer term so a candidate's ability to grow into this role will be important. Training will be provided as needed.
* Member of a Huntingdon-based Scrum Team, reporting to UK Software Team Leader within the wider R&D Software Team
* Design and implementation of both embedded software for Videojet ink-jet products and PC-hosted internal tools
* C++ and QML programming (training provided)
* Fully involved with requirements gathering, specification, estimation, implementation and documentation of software components and solutions
* Design for volume production of products that are safe, reliable and meet required industry standards
* Participate in technology development, process improvement and technical debt reduction efforts
* Participate in technical reviews, feasibility studies and project reviews
Whilst relevant ink jet experience is desirable, suitably qualified candidates looking to establish themselves in the industry will also be considered. Training and professional development will be provided.
* Bright, with a sense of urgency and motivated by achievement
* Good Engineering Degree with significant software content
* Appreciation of Object-Oriented Design and Programming
* Strong problem-solving capabilities
* Natural team-player, happy to work within a successful and talented team of experienced Software Engineers
* Agile, Scrum
* Embedded, real-time
* Some knowledge of electronics
* WindowsCE and Linux
* Competitive salary and annual bonus scheme
* 25 days' holiday plus statutory holiday
* Company contributed personal pension scheme
* Private health cover and healthcare cash-back schemes
* Other tax-efficient or cash-back schemes
The company is an equal opportunity employer. They evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.