Junior Web Developer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Junior Web Developer
Purpose and Objectives of Role: To deliver quality cross-college information services in a way that efficiently supports the work of the Finance & Student Information Directorate.
Further Education is continually developing and the rate of change is unlikely to slow down. You must therefore be flexible to take on changing responsibilities.
Specific duties of the role:
1. Develop, maintain and test software programs including Web systems to help the College streamline business processes.
2. Assist in the maintenance of the College’s systems to ensure up to date information and key processes are available.
3. Be responsible for the accuracy of systems developed.
4. Maintain a sound knowledge of the department’s procedures and processes.
5. Participate in the delivery of the College e-strategy including configuration, maintenance and development of the VLE and SharePoint.
6. Ensure that the processing and storage of data is compliant with GDPR and college Data Protection policies.
7. Deliver in-house training to users of the department’s services.
8. Provide technical support to College staff, students and other stakeholders as required.
9. Develop and maintain detailed software documentation.
10. Carry out other such duties as may be determined by your Line Manager from time to time within the scope of the post.
11. Contribute to the area’s Self-Assessment Report.
- To ensure projects are completed in a timely fashion and meet specified requirements.
- Create and maintain complete records and documentation of systems and usage.
- To ensure changes and additions to systems are done quickly and effectively.
- To log all faults and disseminate information gained throughout the team.
Responsibility for Equipment/Materials/Health & Safety/Accommodation
- Maintain safe working practices and undertake any specific duties allocated to you under the College Health & Safety Polices and Procedures.
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all learners for whom you have responsibility or with whom you come into contact.
Contacts and relationships
- College Managers
- Project teams and relevant working groups
- MIS and Student Information Teams
- Liaise with technical staff, external suppliers and other bodies to ensure technical set up is optimised at all times, ensures business continuity and meets required standards.
- Ensure commitment to customer care at all times.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ensure compliance with Data Protection Act Policies.
- Observe the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and the College Security Policy.
Self and Professional Development
- Participate in staff review and take opportunities for self-development.
Quality/Equality of Opportunity
- Meet quality standards set in the Information Service Section.
- Ensure compliance with the Disability Discrimination Act 1995
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT DEVELOPER
- A good general standard of education including Maths and English Grade A*-C (or equivalent) or Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy is essential.
- A recognised qualification in an area of Information Technology/ Computer Science is essential.
- Relevant computing qualification to full degree level is desirable.
- Recent involvement with programming or web development is essential
- Experience of working to, and meeting, deadlines is essential
- Recent involvement with Web programming technologies including HTML, CSS and ASP.Net is desirable.
- Experience of software testing is desirable
- Experience of Database development (SQL) is desirable.
- Experience of working within a client focussed environment is desirable.
- Experience of a VLE such as CANVAS is desirable.
- Experience of maintaining SharePoint is desirable
- Experience of working in Education is desirable.
- Up to date knowledge of current web programming technologies is essential. Specifically ASP.Net, Visual Studio
- Excellent numeracy skills are essential
- Effective organisational and time management skills are essential.
- The ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy is essential.
- General IT skills (e.g. MS Office) are essential.
- The ability to work as part of a team is essential.
- Skills in project management are desirable
- Experience of photoshop or similar is desirable
- Some knowledge of SQL language and database architecture is desirable.
- An understanding of ‘safeguarding’ and its importance within the College, together with a commitment to creating a safe learning/working environment is desirable.
- Willingness to learn new skills and keep up to date with technological changes is essential.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Commitment to achieving targets and high standards is essential.
- A committed and enthusiastic approach to working is essential.
- A flexible attitude to changing demands from clients is essential.
To apply please click the APPLY button.
Closing Date: 9th December 2018