Embedded Software Engineer / Firmware Engineer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Whiteparish (near Salisbury)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.)
The Company is a growing privately-owned company located in a pleasant rural location just outside of Salisbury and close to the New Forest.
An opportunity has arisen to join the engineering department working on data logging products, HMI displays and custom designs for the sensor market using the latest technologies. The role involves all aspects of full product life cycle, conception, development and technical support. The projects are varied leading to an interesting role.
Successful applicants should be able to demonstrate knowledge through qualifications or work experience of:
* Developing embedded C firmware
* Analogue Interface design
* Low power design
* IDE tools, in-circuit debuggers and emulators
* Hardware debugging with the use of laboratory equipment such as Oscilloscopes and multimeters
* Documentation including version control and testing
It would be beneficial to have specific experience with some of the following:
* ARM Cortex M series Microcontroller, preferably STM32/EFM32
* 8051 microcontrollers
* Development tools such as Keil, SEGGER Embedded Studio and GCC
* Interfacing to displays
* Communication technologies, RS232, RS485, USB, I2C, SPI, NFC, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
* Knowledge and use of sensors particularly: temperature, humidity and gas
* Battery Powered Device development
* Git Version Control
* One month paid sabbatical after qualifying period
* Competitive Salary
* Enhanced Pension Scheme
* Increasing holidays with length of service
* Discretionary bonuses
* Income Protection Insurance after qualifying period
Please note: Applicants will require a driving licence
They are market leaders in their field and are constantly developing new products and new markets. With offices in HK and USA there is the opportunity to travel.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of: Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer, Automotive Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Electric Motor Repair Engineer, Embedded Software Technician, C Developer, C# Software Developer, C++ Developer, C# Software Engineer, C++ and Firmware Engineer, may also be considered for this role.