Senior Software Engineer - Java 8
||8th November 2018
||£50000 - £60000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Role: Senior Software Engineer - Java 8
Salary/Rate: £50,000 - £60,000 DoE
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC or Willing to Undergo
Senior Software Engineer - Java 8 - Permanent - Essex - £50,000 - £60,000 DoE
Senior Software Engineer is required for a DTT arogramme. As an experienced and mid-level developer joining our clients software development team, you will initially be supporting the final stages of enhancements to the first release of functionality, and building the forthcoming second increment.
Working within the Information Exploitation section of the Cyber & Intelligence Business Unit, DTT provides users with a single source-of-truth in collation and management of targeting data, including consumption of data from external services, distribution and guaranteeing consistency; thorough audit capability of decision making; automatic generation of reports; and an increase in operational tempo.
* You will have demonstrable experience designing and developing enterprise-grade Object-Oriented Java applications, including integration with middleware and RDBMS, third-party/open source libraries and handling problems of concurrency and scalability.
* You will have worked and thrived in an Agile environment, knowing and committing to the responsibilities of an Agile developer; able to show your dedication to delivery.
* You'll have great communication skills and be able to use them with senior managers, customers and peers alike. Have a desire to share what you know and guide junior developers and your peers, taking ownership of problems and creating high-quality, comprehensively tested solutions.
* Also, able to review other solutions, thoroughly, in depth and in detail. You'll be passionate about technology, keeping yourself up to date with changes across the industry and with ideas of how to use them in the product.
* Java 8
* Spring and its sub-projects
* Hibernate (or other ORM framework)
* JUnit (or other Unit Testing framework)
* Web Services, particularly REST, and JSON
* Cascading Style Sheets
* Jasper Reports
* JBoss (or other Application Server)
* Ant or Maven
* Active Directory
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC or Willing to Undergo. If you do not hold an active SC or Willing to Undergo please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.