Senior Desktop Engineer
||£35,000 - £37,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior Desktop Engineer
We are currently recruiting a Senior Desktop Engineer for one of our London based clients. In this role you will be providing the day to day line management and leadership to other members of the desktop support team. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a well-established reputable organisation and will provide you with realistic career progression.
Duties will include:
- Lead the support team by providing a solid and reliable source of technical expertise and experience
- Ensuring performance targets are achieved or surpassed
- Bringing a strong Customer Service focus
- Maintain a solid partnership with the Onsite Delivery Manager
- Maintain and improve operational standards within your area such as proactive daily checks, housekeeping, monitoring, log/error management and diagnostic capture.
- Work with internal business customers and IT departments to implement authorised IT solutions according to the defined timescales agreed within delivery plans.
- Create and keep updated documentation and processes relevant to the service being delivered.
- Support the customer IT teams with knowledge of the Desktop environment and exposure to End Users experience
- Mentor and develop other members of the Desktop team
- Provide regular (weekly) high level updates on issues encountered, the plans to address, outline progress made and timescales anticipated.
- Prioritise and coordinate the daily work tasks and priorities of other members of the onsite team.
- Manage the ticket queue and ensure all tickets are updated at the required frequency and the business users are aware of the status of their call, focusing on delivering high quality resolutions to agreed SLAs.
- Make recommendations on how service levels and infrastructure working practices may be improved to enhance productivity or reduce downtime.
- Provide technical assistance to business users by use of technical manuals and one-to-one training, when new systems software has been implemented or updated.
- Work with the relevant teams across the business to resolve user calls and problems.
- Respond and Resolve tickets within the service level agreement by implementing a technical solution.
- Implement induction programs for new or returning engineers
- Primary point of Technical escalation
- In the event of the Onsite Delivery Managers absence, provide an alternative onsite escalation if required
Skills and experience:
- Experience supporting a mixed Wintel and Mac environment
- Microsoft Operating System (Windows 7 and Windows 10)
- Microsoft Office Suite (2010/2016)
- Mac Operating System (El Capitain,Sierra & High Sierra)
- Troubleshooting / diagnosing issues (hardware, software & IOS Mobile Devices)
- Microsoft Server 2012/2016 including: Active Directory, File server, DHCP, DNS
- Microsoft Office 365
- SCCM 1702
- Application packaging skills desirable.
- Data Networking: LAN, VLAN, WLAN, VPN, WAN
- Apple Profile Manager
- Parallels/ JamF Mac Management
- Deploy Studio
- Meraki MDM
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of end user including VIPs and Execs.
- Experience in VDI technologies (Citrix, VMware, DaaS)
- ITIL working practices
If you feel you have the skills and experience to successfully carry out this role then apply now and if you application is being considered then one of our team will contact you to discuss this further.