PHP Mid-Level Web Developer
Move Online Retail Ltd
7th November 2018
£32000 - £40000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
PHP Mid-Level Web Developer
Move Online Retail Limited are looking for a mid-level PHP web developer with 4-8 years' experience to join our existing web development team in our modern new offices.
We are seeking a proactive and motivated individual with good all-round skills capable of taking development projects through from requirements gathering right through to release. A 30/70 front end/back end balance would be a good fit.
- a very successful e-commerce retailer.
- a friendly, relaxed and dynamic team.
- located in brand new state-of-the art offices with gym facilities.
- flexible working hours.
- salary dependent upon skills/experience.
The current dev team play a pivotal role in the business through the ongoing development of our very successful customer facing website as well as in-house systems. This new role will is being created as part of our continuous expansion and will involve working in these areas, playing an important role in the development of the business.
We are a friendly, successful and dynamic company and we pride ourselves on our ability to quickly respond to business opportunities and to leverage beneficial technologies in order to maintain our lead position in our marketplace. You will become a key member of that team with the opportunity to materially affect the further success of the business.
The role requires the successful candidate to:
- Be responsible for all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Take ownership of solutions from inception, through to delivery and maintenance.
- Effectively manage your own time between ongoing tasks.
- Design and develop high quality, well-documented and comprehensible code.
- Support your own developments as well as perform general bug-fixes, enhancements and maintenance as required.
- Learn and familiarise yourself with existing code and platforms.
- Adhere to development policies and standards.
- MySQL / MariaDB
- E-commerce development
- Version Control
- XML, SOAP Web Services
- osCommerce knowledge
- Bootstrap CSS framework
- Payment gateway experience
- Unix admin
TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- You will have at least 4 years proven hands-on working experience in the following:
- eCommerce web development.
- Front end web solutions
- Back end web solutions
- Relational database design
- Bootstrap 3
- Development and consumption of RESTful APIs
GENERAL SKILLS REQUIRED INCLUDE THE ABILITY TO:
- Communicate to a high standard, both written and verbally.
- Work with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Work equally effectively independently and within a team.
- Use own initiative to solve problems.
- Proactively initiate and drive process improvements.
- Report progress and flag issues in a timely manner.