Lead .Net Developer
||6th November 2018
||£50000 - £50000
||DOE + Extensive Benefits Package
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Lead .Net Developer
Up to £50,000 DOE + Extensive Benefits Package
SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
Our team is growing, so we are on the lookout for a Lead .Net Developer based in our Halifax office. The Lead .Net Developer sits within our Software Engineering Team, working within a team of up to 15 employees.
The purpose of the Lead .Net Developer will be -
You will Lead the team to a common goal of quality tested development and make amends to more complex modules throughout a project life cycle.
We’d like to meet a Lead .Net Developer with -
- Demonstrable experience of leading (not managing) a team and managing workloads to tight deadlines in an agile/TDD environment
- Experience of coding, developing and testing in C# and .Net
- Strong unit testing capability to enable development of quality code
- Experience of working across a number of teams in different locations
- There will be an element of product support included in the role so would require good problem investigation and diagnostic skills
- Experience of coding concepts as well as functional programming and object orientated programming
The Lead .Net Developer Responsibilities & Accountabilities include -
- Make sure you stick to SSP development process, procedures and standards
- Ensure a high quality of test developed software is created
- Documentation is produced to required standard for Development
- Ensure deadlines are met with realistic deadlines, and reports and regularly sent through
- Solutions are applied following analysis and evaluation of enquiries and reports
- Quality Indicator is published after each release and advise of tolerances
What’s in it for you?
- A unique, modern working environment where you’ll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries
- We are offering a generous salary and matching pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days + Public Holidays), free parking and life assurance
- A wide range of flexible benefits such as experience days and gym memberships, to wellbeing benefits like healthcare cashback plans, and so much more
We have a strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software - and our values describe what makes SSP unique, and capture the SSP spirit that runs through everything we do.
Respect - Ownership - Collaboration - Innovation - Energy
A career with us:
SSP believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best.
At SSP we believe that our diversity makes us stronger. As an equal opportunities employer we celebrate and support everyone who works for us. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in our working practices and are proud of our inclusive culture.
It goes without saying that we do not discriminate on any basis. Instead we continue to actively promote equality and grow our diverse workforce for the benefit of our customers, products, our business and our people.
To apply for the role of Lead .Net Developer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Lead .Net Developer, Senior Software Engineer, Senior Engineer, Development Lead, Software Team Lead, Software Lead, Senior .NET Developer, Lead Developer, Lead .NET Engineer.