Data Science Manager
||Notting Hill, London
||£Competitive Salary DOE Plus Benefits
Data Science Manager
Notting Hill, London
£Competitive salary DOE + Flexible Benefits, Bonus, Flexible Working Hours, 25 Days' Holiday + Day Off on Birthday
Tell me about VCharge….
VCharge is the centrepiece of OVO’s ambition in becoming the world leader in distributed energy technology. It is an intelligent control layer running on top of the already existing energy infrastructure, giving both the market players as well the end consumers a fast forward ticket to the distributed energy future. VCharge will be the nervous system of the OVO’s energy IoT landscape sitting between grid operators and end customers, and connecting energy suppliers, energy IoT and VPP.
Join a team of top-notch tech talent in their quest to shape the energy ecosystem of the future. You will be working shoulder to shoulder with people from Facebook, Amazon, Manor Racing, Goldman Sachs, to name but a few.
That sounds great! What will I be doing?
You’ll manage a small team of data scientists whilst also being hands on as a senior data scientist. You will be interacting with senior stakeholders in the business as well as your peers (product managers and engineering managers) to better understand the problem space and shape the data science agenda. In addition to line management duties, you will need to bring best practices and processes to the team and help each of the team members maximise their potential. You will help define what success looks like for the team and define clear team and personal objectives for each of the team members.
You’ll apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our core/business products.
That sounds super exciting, but… Do I have what it takes?
- Extensive experience as a data scientist
- Experience in a hands-on managerial role in a collaborative data science team.
- Experience in physical simulation, control systems, time series modelling and forecasting. statistical learning. Experience with complex data set visualisations.
- Solid understanding of statistics, algorithmics, optimisation and modelling techniques.
- Experience working with senior stakeholders, laser focus on delivery. Experience working closely with product managers and engineering managers.
- Experience in setting tools/processes/frameworks to facilitate the work of the data science team. Big focus on communication and Cross-sector/industry experience.
- Used to working with large volumes of data, and is knowledgeable of the various tools to manipulate these as well as various data manipulation and visualisation tools. Experience with data science cloud platform technologies (e.g. AWS/GCP).
- Led successful data science projects from inception, design, implementation, testing, deployment, visualisation and stakeholder presentation.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance. Ability to visualise, communicate and explain complicated concepts to a non-technical crowd.
- Fluency in SQL and Python - Go/Scala would be a plus.
- Be up to date on the latest trends in the data science/data engineering community.
- Sunday Times' top 20 list of the best companies to work for
- 4% on top of salary for flexible benefits
- The opportunity to get involved with conferences, meet-ups, hackathons, tech talks and teaching kids to code
- A clearly defined career path
- Open plan office in Notting Hill
- Free breakfast every day and lunch on Fridays
- Lots of social events
- Training budget
- Matched volunteering and matched fundraising
To apply for the role of Data Science Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Data Science Manager, Senior Data Scientist, Lead Data Scientist, Data Science Manager, Data Insight Manager, Senior Data Insight Analyst, Data Analysis Manager or Data Science Specialist.