Security Assurance Coordinator (SAC) - SC CLEARED
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
5th November 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
There are several projects delivering new IS capability and systems within this part of the MOD. The maturity of the documentation sets and their accreditation status varies from mature to unaccredited. The SAC will be critical in ensuring that both new and current applications and capability delivery can gain the appropriate security accreditation required to enable roll out onto the relevant infrastructure platforms including MODNET and DIIF (Fixed and Deployed). The SAC will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of accreditation of all programme and project deliverables, and assuring that the deliverables achieve JSP604 compliance. The SAC is also responsible for ensuring that the individual project security deliverables meet with the requirement to achieve the necessary security accreditation. The risk to data is, in some systems, judged as high due to the fragmented approach that has been applied. The SAC will be required to deliver a coherent plan that ensures all programmes and projects are brought up to a compliant state and risk is reduced to a level consistent with the wishes of the SROs.
Activities to be Undertake:
In depth analysis of technical documentation and production of technical review reports relating to the Programmes and Projects:
* Production of Risk Management and Accreditation Document Sets (RMADS) and any supporting documentation and evidence as a project deliverable in line with JSP 440 and JSP604.
* Managing the Information Assurance requirements to the project RMADS and produce assurance statements confirming compliance of the RMADS in accordance with Her Majesty's Government (HMG) Information Assurance Standards 1 & 2.
* Conforming to MOD Policy utilising both contractor and authority documentation.
* Assessment and delivery of relevant Privacy Impact Assessments ensuring that project systems conform to the Caldicott Principles.
* Provide advice on the necessity and scope of vulnerability assessments and IT Health Checks and produce Assurance Statements for Vulnerability Mitigation Statements.
* Production and management of the Technical Security Status of all systems monthly report which will detail the security documentation and document security approval status for each project. Outline any outstanding vulnerability assessment and include a Risk review.
* Analyse current security document structure and make recommendations on how individual documents can be brought together to enable a more effective transition.
* Attendance at the relevant Security Working Groups and other project/programme related security meetings, reviewing any potential risks and issues raised that could affect Capability Delivery and feeding this back to the programme and project teams.
* Production of Assurance Statements for Risk Balanced Cases, including managing the RBC through the approval process (if required).
* Produce a back to green plan where necessary to ensure all programmes and projects are compliant with all mandated security standards.
Key Project Indicators (KPIs) and Performance Management Requirements
RMADs to cover all programmes and projects in service capability.
All systems accredited with approved RBCs where appropriate.
Roadmap and back to green plan where necessary to achieve security compliance of all programmes and projects systems and facilities
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks.
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd is an HMG Approved Consultancy and operates as an IT & Engineering Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency, depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, we welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International Computer Consultants Ltd (Recruiter Awards for Excellence - Best IT, Best Public Sector & Gold Awards) and the most prestigious award that any business can receive The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015.