||1st November 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
At QinetiQ we’re dedicated to defending sovereign capability, protecting lives and securing the vital interests of our customers.
We are a company of over 6,000 dedicated people providing technological and scientific expertise that helps our customers protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
Working across every aspect of the life cycle of critical equipment and infrastructure, providing services and products that address our customers' most pressing challenges; our breadth and depth of experience spans many markets and industries.
Working on a programme of work rated to underwater vehicles, the team are looking to appoint a Software Engineer to join the team.
In this interesting role, you will be developing new functionality for existing products and be part of the design team working on green field products and applications.
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience across some of the following languages: C#, C/C++, Java, Python.
- Experience using Config Management/Source control Systems, ideally Atlassian/Jira
- Knowledge of SQL Databases such as PostgreSQL, MSSQL & MySQL
- Any relevant courses are useful however applied proven experience is more important.
- A demonstrable record of success delivered by the application of technical skills.
- Excellent communications skills (written, verbal and presentational); able to - communicate technical issues to non-technical audiences.
- Proven ability to write clear and concise technical specifications and a strong analytical and logical mind in order to present technical issues in a methodical and understandable manner.
- You will need the ability to work as part of a team to draw rational conclusions and processes from multiple sources of technical data and also demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement and ownership.
If you’re ready to apply, fantastic! Click "apply" and if your CV is shortlisted I will call for an initial chat/screening in confidence within the next week.