Project Manager (x2)
||Aldershot (and potentially some work from home)
||Up to £458 per day, which would need to include margins
Location: Aldershot (and potentially some work from home)
Contract Period: Until April 2019
Clearance Level: Home Office SC Cleared
The PM must be proactive and have a strong attention to detail. They ideally will have both infrastructure and software delivery experience, with the infrastructure experience a must (hardware upgrades, networking, data centre moves, decommissioning etc.). They also need to have strong client facing skills, they will have a counterpart pm on the customer side.
• Manages and leads multiple projects involving one or more functions and project teams to drive the engineering development and implementation process for a subsystem or component of a product or service offering.
• Develops schedules, critical deliverables, budget, resource allocation plan, and other support requirements for assigned program.
• Coordinates activities of supporting project teams and internal and external development partners; tracks progress against established plan and makes decisions to alter or update schedule and resource allocation to meet product requirements and development schedule.
• Communicates project progress, escalations, and issue analysis to product stakeholders; collaborates with management and internal manufacturing and development partners to implement changes to product, process, or program plan to resolve escalated issues, produce solutions, and ensure adherence to budgets and established product roadmaps and schedules.
• Leads and provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Business Management, Engineering, Computer Sciences, or equivalent.
• Typically, 4-6 years’ experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
• High attention to detail
• Using project planning tools and software packages to create, manage, and track project results
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated experience coordinating and directing matrixed teams and resources
• Ability to create and manage program schedules, budgets, and resource allocation plans
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language
• Ability to effectively communicate program plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at management levels.
• Experience of software development projects
• Experience of infrastructure / networking projects
• Experience of Security upgrade projects
• Collaborates with peers, junior engineers and program managers, technicians, and external and internal manufacturing and design partners.
• Typically interacts with high-level Individual Contributors, Managers and Program Core Teams.
• Leads a project requiring manufacturing engineering development.