Service Design Architect
||Up to £550 per day, which would need to include margins
Solution Architect (Service Design)
Contract Period: Until March 2019
Clearance Level: SC clearance, as a minimum
The Service Design Architect is responsible for the design and development of the service management and delivery solution to support the delivery of new and changed services along with ensuring that the Service Catalogue is maintained where services are amended. The Service Architect role will align to the technical design output developed by the Chief Technology Office (CTO) and work closely with the account specific CTO during the Service Design phase of the solution.
Strong customer management and interpersonal skills and an in-depth knowledge of the service design area.
The ability to express a pragmatic and thorough design, taking into account any conflicting priorities and requirements of the account and customer.
The ability to hold a large and diverse design team to a single agreed approach, and to ensure that there are no gaps between the various components.
The Service Design Architect must have:
• A detailed knowledge of service delivery concepts and techniques.
• A strong operational understanding of service supply chains
• Experience of service design for major IT systems
• The ability to write coherent, concise, and readable technical documentation
• SC clearance, as a minimum.
The Service Architect will be responsible for all aspects of service design, ensuring that future solutions meet requirements.
Service coherence and consistency.
Maintaining the Service Catalogue for new or amended services identified in the contract.
Required to take a lead in the design and development of the support model for any specific account that may be assigned.
The role will be pro-active and require a good logical modelling capability to address the predominantly physical focus of an Infrastructure programme.
The role will support other architects in the design, definition and management of interfaces, and take responsibility for the modelling of those interfaces at the appropriate level of abstraction in the support model.
The role will be instrumental in fostering and maintaining good working relationships, in particular with Service Operations supporting the services.
Required to represent services in continuous improvement, organisational design and internal informal benchmarking.
Design, produce or support the production of service design documentation, ensuring that the authorised documents provide sufficient detail to enable Service Operations to impact the associated RFC.
Liaising with programme management, service line and customer to assure delivery of quality service design products on time and to budget.
Together with the Service Lines, acting on feedback received from support teams concerning changes required for live operation.
Planning for Service Operations, tooling, skills and volumes.
Collecting and aligning existing process artefacts and contributing to the development of a Service Architecture Framework.
Interacting with other Service discipline and line teams to ensure architectural conformance to process model and standards.
Creating support models to support solution development.
Identifying and fostering common service delivery patterns and common sub-processes.
• Client-facing skills at senior-level discussion, with the ability to communicate ideas and thoughts to senior executives
• A detailed knowledge of service design concepts and techniques with strong operational understanding of service supply chains
• Experience of service architecture and design for major IT systems
• Self-motivating, objective setting, and strong leadership skills
• Negotiating, bringing consensus, with previous experience of running workshops
• Team development and motivational skills
• Written communications - clear technical writing and presentation.
• ITIL version 3
• Experience of modelling techniques and tools - process, applications, data and technology
Service Architect Team Lead