Web Content Designer
Spring Group Plc
31st October 2018
£250 - £310
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Spring Technology's client, a public sector organisation, are currently looking to recruit a Web Content Designer for an initial 6 month contract based in Edinburgh on rate of c.£250-310/day(outside of IR35).
* Helping to refine the organisation's user centred research and testing approaches and supporting this work.
* Helping to integrate these with the development of quality content for a new Beta website which focuses on top tasks and services, based on user research.
* Be an advocate for user-focused design which reflects user behaviours, needs, and motivations.
* Plan, design and carry out research activities with users that help the team to better understand how people want to use and consume our services.
* Work with stakeholders to design content and produce high quality user focused content.
* Scoping, commissioning, writing, editing and publishing digital content and be comfortable working with business users and technical teams to make improvements to data driven content products.
* Choosing the best format for displaying information to the user and proactively contributing new and innovative ideas.
* Working as part of a multi-disciplinary, Agile team to understand user behaviour and feedback.
* Support the development and implementation of user centred approaches to new governance models and Digital Design Standards as part of the overall delivery of the organisation's web and online roadmap programme.
* Substantial experience of user centred research and content design.
* Excellent communication skills, a flexible approach to work and the ability to work efficiently under time pressures.
* Experience of working in user centered design teams.
* Experience of creating user-focused content.
* Proven ability to plan and create impactful content in a range of web and social media channels.
* Experience delivering innovative and user-focussed services and functionality.
* Experienced in engaging stakeholders in analysis and synthesis of research data to achieve consensus, challenge assumptions and secure decisions.
* Understands user centred design practices and knows how to embed them into an Agile workflow to deliver timely findings.
* Proven ability to develop and deliver content plans based on user research, content performance and negotiation with stakeholders.
* Experience of writing content in Plain English.
* Ability to write and produce high-quality content at speed and iterate based on findings from usability testing.
* Knowledge of, and practical experience of applying, web standards including accessibility and metadata.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity please get in touch with Claire Lorden OR Chris Wallis on 0131 524 9027 or send your CV through to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.spring.com/candidate-privacy-information-statement