||Canary Wharf, London
As a RAD Developer in London you’ll help us develop and build the new generation of Index Research and Development system. The system stores and analyses large volumes of financial data; supporting the execution of global transactions, with trades ranging anywhere from thousands to millions of pounds. You will primarily use Python but will also develop using VBA, an in-house functional programming language (FMD), C#, and C++. You’ll be in a collaborative team and work closely with our Trading, Operations, and Finance clients to scope and design industry leading solutions.
If you have strong Python, C#, and/or C++ experience; working knowledge of data structures and algorithms; and the ambition to have a greater impact in a global organisation, Barclays is the place for you. We’re always developing - you should be too.
• Lead the development of Index Research and Development solutions
• Manage team relationship with Trading, Operations, and Finance clients
• Provide tactical solutions on business requests
• Integrate RAD solutions into the strategic projects within the department where required
• Have technical knowledge of data structures and algorithms associated with RAD
• Be proficient in one or more of C++, C#, Python - Python being a preference
• Be comfortable facing off directly to the business
• Knowledge of databases & their SQL languages (e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, PL/SQL, TSQL)
• Knowledge of functional programming (e.g. Haskell, F#)
• Knowledge of Equity Derivatives.
About Barclays International Commercial Growth Initiative
The Barclays International Markets business is making a major technology investment and has mobilised the Commercial Growth Programme to drive an ambitious revenue growth plan focused on maintaining and building our trading capabilities. This initiative will see a major boost to Technology resource talent who will work on a wide range of leading edge technology programmes. We have identified over 600 roles to be hired across Pre-Trade Technology, Post Trade Technology and Risk, Finance and Treasury Technology globally, including key hubs in London, New York, Glasgow, Pune and Prague. We are hiring creative and driven Technologists, from a wide range of industry sectors that have exposure to high availability and high transactional online systems. There has never been a more exciting time to join Barclays International.