||400 Jefferson Park, Whippany, NJ
As a DevOps Engineer you’ll help us automate our systems and on-boarding applications - optimizing our environments, processes and support. You’ll work within our Risk, Finance, and Treasury Technology team, working alongside 3,500 colleagues operating across the UK, US, India, and Czech Republic. You’ll help us deliver automation and enhancements across our technology portfolio, designing and deploying industry leading solutions to our clients and colleagues.
If you have strong DevOps experience and want to make a big impact on a global scale, then Barclays is the place for you. We’re always developing - you should be too.
• The team uses the Agile process and the candidate will be expected to be able to manage the JIRA stack
• Working in a Medium sized global team of 10 people covering all activities in environment management - Release and Deployment, Environment Provisioning, Non-prod support and Tooling and Automation
• Expected to own problems and drive through solutions
• Working with Development Teams, peers and PM to understand and deliver requirements.
• Analyzing requirements to find the most appropriate technical solution
• Document designs and communicate them with the team
• Ensure adherence to bank technical standards & SDLC.
• Considerable experience of RedHat/Linux administration with BASH scripting
• Experience of Solid Release Management using TeamCity, Perforce or similar technologies
• Experience with server side and distributed software management
• Previous experience working in an Agile and DevOps process environment
• Exposure and/or understanding to Big Data systems - Hadoop
• Experience working in a 3rd line support function of a large critical system
• Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, Mathematics or Scientific discipline
• Linux or Windows Scripting
• Experience deploying high-performance server-side/compute grid distributed risk generation software
• Strong architecture and design
• Risk, pricing and derivatives knowledge
• Strong oral/written communication skills and presentation skills
About Barclays International Commercial Growth Initiative
The Barclays International Markets business is making a major technology investment and has mobilised the Commercial Growth Programme to drive an ambitious revenue growth plan focused on maintaining and building our trading capabilities. This initiative will see a major boost to Technology resource talent who will work on a wide range of leading edge technology programmes. We have identified over 600 roles to be hired across Pre-Trade Technology, Post Trade Technology and Risk, Finance and Treasury Technology globally, including key hubs in London, New York, Glasgow, Pune and Prague. We are hiring creative and driven Technologists, from a wide range of industry sectors that have exposure to high availability and high transactional online systems. There has never been a more exciting time to join Barclays International.
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.