As a Java Developer at Barclays you’ll work on industry leading enhancements to our global eTrading platforms, helping us redefine an industry. You’ll impact the way we interact with our customers, the way we handle millions of trades, and how we securely transfer the billions of dollars that flow through our systems. We are looking for ambitious developers who want to use their creativity to have impact on a huge scale. If you have strong core Java experience and the ambition to support us on a global change, then Barclays is the place for you. We’re always developing - you should be too.
• Develop both tactical and strategic solutions to meet business requirements
• Develop automated testing tools to exercise functionality, performance, and capacity of code
• Produce code that is appropriate for a low-latency java platform
• Support analysis, testing, and operations teams
• Analyze historic system behaviour and market state to inform new development
• Proficient with Core Java
• Previous experience with multi-threading, memory management, or performance tuning
• University degree in computer science, physics, engineering, or equivalent programming experience
• Experience with scripting languages like Bash, Perl, Python
• Experience with Java testing tools, ideally: JUnit, JMockit, TeamCity
• Experience with development and build tools, ideally: Maven, Gradle, Git, IntelliJ, Eclipse
• Experience with HTTP, RESTful APIs, and UI principles
• Full lifecycle development of a commercial system, including: requirements definition, agile planning, releasing, and production support
About the Commercial Growth Initiative
The Barclays International Markets business is making a major technology investment and has mobilised the Commercial Growth Programme to drive an ambitious revenue growth plan focused on maintaining and building our eTrading capabilities. This initiative will see a major boost to Technology resource talent who will work on a wide range of leading edge technology programmes. We have identified over 600 roles to be hired globally, across Pre-Trade Technology, Post Trade Technology and Risk, Finance and Treasury Technology in London, New York, Glasgow, Pune and Prague. We are hiring creative and driven Technologists, from a wide range of industry sectors that have exposure to high availability and high transactional online systems. There has never been a more exciting time to join Barclays.