||Canary Wharf, London
As a Python Developer in London you will develop and maintain a server side application implemented in Python and Java. You will be a key developer within a team maintaining and enhancing a market-leading platform (BARX), which has won a number of prestigious external awards since its inception. You’ll interact directly with users, contributing to all parts of the Python development process, and offering strong technical designs and enhancements to the platform.
If you have proven Python experience in an agile environment, the ability to learn new languages and new applications for your code, and the ambition to support a global business on large scale impactful change then Barclays is the place for you. We’re always developing - you should be too.
• The role is 100% hands-on with 80% development and 20% level 2 support
• You are expected to develop high quality maintainable code
• You are expected to make technical decisions that require a strong understanding of the problem domain
• You are expected to collaborate and communicate globally with other developers to build technical solutions
• You are expected to have a strong knowledge of software development methods, tools and standards and actively keep this knowledge current (i.e. desire to learn)
• You are expected to adhere to Policies & Standards appropriate to the role - outlined in the Code of Conduct and mandatory training.
• Proven experience developing medium to large size Python applications
• Proven Agile experience (preferably Scrum/Kanban)
• Experience of server side development & multi-threaded code
• Knowledge of Equity Derivatives/Structured products and HTTP protocol and web services
• Experience providing support and resolving production issues, cross-region teams and projects
• Experience developing medium to large size Java applications
• Experience building systems in trading, banking and/ or financial organization
About Barclays International Commercial Growth Initiative
The Barclays International Markets business is making a major technology investment and has mobilised the Commercial Growth Programme to drive an ambitious revenue growth plan focused on maintaining and building our trading capabilities. This initiative will see a major boost to Technology resource talent who will work on a wide range of leading edge technology programmes. We have identified over 600 roles to be hired across Pre-Trade Technology, Post Trade Technology and Risk, Finance and Treasury Technology globally, including key hubs in London, New York, Glasgow, Pune and Prague. We are hiring creative and driven Technologists, from a wide range of industry sectors that have exposure to high availability and high transactional online systems. There has never been a more exciting time to join Barclays International.