Operational Support Lead
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Operational Support Lead to join our highly successful Digital Product Development team, mainly focusing on our STV Player product.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Review, create and maintain operational support (BAU) processes and procedures to achieve company goals.
• Apply continuous improvement to operational support processes and procedures, ideally using ITIL based processes.
• Take a lead role in ensuring appropriate internal tooling is in place to support operational support processes, with a proactive approach to monitoring and reporting of issues.
• Work closely with product development peers, such as product managers, scrum master and infrastructure engineer to ensure an appropriate service is provided around operational support.
• Assist with development, implementation and maintenance of rigorous cyber security practices and disaster recovery processes.
• A ‘hands-on’ approach to assisting with solving support tickets, i.e. write code to solve problems.
• Oversee and assist with incidents under our of hours support procedure on a rota basis, and ensure continuous review of our incident management policy.
• Lead, mentor and manage our operational support team.
• Liaise with 3rd parties who provide monitoring, hosting and professional services.
Knowledge & Skills
• ITIL qualification preferred, with sound understanding and solid practical experience of service management policies and procedures expected.
• Self-motivation and the ability to maintain a high standard of quality whilst working to strict deadlines.
• Pro-active attitude and willingness to constantly refine and enhance our products.
• Evidence of extensive experience in stakeholder management.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education & Experience
• Experience as a web application developer, preferably with a senior or lead role in a BAU team.
• An agile mindset; knowledge and practical experience of working with agile methods such as kanban and scrum is expected.
To apply please send us your CV & cover letter by clicking apply now!