Head of IT Projects
||The Salvation Army
||including London weighting pa
||The Salvation Army
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
One of the UK’s most inspiring and best known faith-based organisations, The Salvation Army, is looking for a Head of IT Projects to manage an extensive portfolio of IT projects for our UK & Ireland (UKI) Territory. The role also involves managing a small team of Business Analysts and IT Project Managers, as well as regularly liaising with departments and units throughout the Salvation Army.
The projects you’ll be managing and/or working on will include IT infrastructure and application upgrades and migrations, cloud-based service solution implementations, product selection and implementation, IT equipment upgrades and refreshes, and smaller work packages. We’ll also rely on you to see that each project is brought home to agreed time, cost and quality criteria. Put simply, you’ll ensure that the organisation gains maximum benefit from its investment in information technology while following PRINCE 2 project management methodology guidelines.
The successful candidate(s) will be able to demonstrate:
• A relevant professional qualification and In-depth experience in a relevant business environment involved in introducing and using IT or Digital technologies and successfully managing a project portfolio
• A proven ability to produce and maintain project management documentation, including briefs, initiation documents, plans, RAID registers and status reports
• A good understanding of methods and techniques for structured reviews, including reviews of technical diagrams, test plans, business cases and other key deliverables.
• Experience of working at a strategic level, well developed management skills and a track record of recruiting, leading, motivating and developing line staff
• A flexible approach, team player qualities and the communication skills it takes to convey difficult or complex ideas clearly, often to multiple stakeholder audiences
• Experience of leading and facilitating workshops and meetings and producing clear and concise documentation.
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays; a contributory pension scheme; season ticket loan; Childcare Voucher Scheme; an employee assistance programme.
Appointment subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK and an enhanced DBS Check will be required.
Closing date: 18 November 2018. Interview date: TBC
CVs will not be accepted promoting equality in the workplace.