Software Engineer ll (Mobile Apps - Android OR IOS)
||25th October 2018
||£0 - £0
||£0 - £0
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
What's in it for you?
* We are building systems to solve real world problems at scale, with impact for tens of millions of people
* There are great engineers (and managers and product people) to learn from
* We are agile and enlightened in our approach to building software and teams
* There's a great atmosphere and we work sustainably as a team
* Tesco has a "do the right thing" mentality
* We promote flexible working
* Be heavily involved with design and product teams to understand needs, propose features, create early prototypes and transform them into exciting end consumer features.
* Architect new end-to-end features that bring shopping innovations to mobile, TV and wearable audiences.
* Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
* Deep-dive into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
* Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire mobile shopping team for development.
* Mentor team members to promote engineering excellence
* Experience architecting complex mobile applications
* 5+ years of commercial software development experience in Java and/or Swift/Objective C
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
* Firm understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations of mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
* Passion for mobile development. We would love to hear about apps you've developed.
* Understanding and exposure to integrating REST API endpoints
* Strong experience and understanding of industry standard mobile accessibility
* A desire to write readable, maintainable, modular and extendable code
* Experience in full development life cycle; design, coding, test, build, QA, deployment and maintenance
* Exposure to the DevOps model
* Experience in Lean and Agile environments and understanding of principles behind methodologies such as: BDD, ATDD and TDD
* Solid enterprise / commercial development experience
* A strong team player with the ability to influence and lead stakeholders when necessary
* Demonstrable ability to self-manage, be proactive, take ownership, build relationships and drive solutions through from inception to production
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button.