Lead Web Developer /Software Engineer /Full Stack Web Developer
Job Title: Lead Web Developer
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
The company is the global leader in product identification solutions with more than 325,000 units installed worldwide across their range of 'best in class' technologies spanning industrial inkjet, laser, thermal transfer, labelling and software.
The global purpose is 'Helping to realise life's potential'. Their contribution to that is solving the world's product identification challenges, which they accomplish by adhering to four fundamental guiding principles;
1 Place customers at the core of everything they do
2 Strive to create world-class solutions and capabilities
3 Win together every day with enthusiasm, humility and integrity
4 Be accountable to each other, their shareholders and the communities where they work and live
The Lead Web Developer will be joining a well-established and successful Engineering team based in Nottingham that is responsible for producing 'Best in Class' products in the Thermal Transfer Overprinting and Large Character Inkjet printer markets.
Reporting into the Software Manager, the Lead Developer has the sole responsibility for writing high-quality codes that are protected by automated tests, end-to-end feature development using cloud technologies with a focus on performance, reliability and security.
* Provide technical leadership in terms of product architecture and specifications for new product development
* Provide detailed planning and execution of high-level development projects within deadlines
* Write and review code for various web applications - using SOLID principles
* Deliver rich and interactive user experiences
* Run functionality tests and debug code
* Provide detailed software documentation
* Demonstrate a passion for technology, constantly seeking to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keeping abreast of the markets developments
You will gain experience in building reliable, scalable, stateless web applications using the latest tools and interactive user interface design. The successful candidate will be driven and self-motivated with the energy to thrive under pressure.
Working as part of a close knit team, they must be team orientated while remaining versatile, open minded and able to work autonomously when needed.
Required Qualifications / Experience:
* C# and ASP.NET
* React frameworks
* RESTful Web Services
* Cloud: Amazon Web Services
* Engineering Bachelor's Degree
* Visual Studio with Team Foundation, or Visual Studio Code or Atom
* Layout: SASS/SCSS, SVG (responsive/visual/animation).
* Task Managers: Grunt / Gulp
* Data: MS SQL, NodeJS, XML, JSON
The company is an equal opportunity employer. They evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.