Microsoft Security Engineer
Avanade UK is looking to hire a Microsoft Security Engineer for our UK Security Consulting practice.
About the role
Working on some of the largest and leading-edge projects; the role of the Microsoft Security Engineer is to provide 2nd and 3rd line Microsoft Security support expertise to our customers.
The Microsoft Security Engineer role requires knowledge and expertise in the Microsoft Security Ecosystem, with candidates demonstrating 3 - 5 years Microsoft Security support experience.
The role involves monitoring, reporting, maintaining and resolving incidents/problems for our clients Microsoft Security applications and also extends to other vendor products for which you will receive training.
The role requires strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills and the candidate must work well as part of a team. The candidate should have knowledge and experience following ITIL practices and be well versed in Incident and Problem management procedures.
The opportunity for candidates is to grow and develop in a career focused organisation, whilst working on some of the world’s largest and most well-known brands and customers.
As a potential member of our growing Security Consulting practice the successful candidate must have a strong foundation across the Microsoft Security solution stack and be willing to learn and upskill in a number of Security technology areas.
Experience and subject matter expertise in at least three of the technologies listed below is preferred:
• Active Directory Federation Services
• Active Directory Domain Services
• Active Directory Certificate Services
• Azure AD Connect
• Microsoft Identity Manager
• Windows Server Operating Systems
• Office 365 tenant security
• Azure security
• Securing Windows Servers and Clients
• Azure Security
• Office 365 Security
• Windows 10 Security
It is desirable that candidates can demonstrate knowledge, experience and ideally hold certifications in the following areas:
• CompTIA Security+
• Microsoft Office365 exams 70-346, 70-347
• Microsoft Azure exams 70-532, 70-533
Working as a Microsoft Security Engineer you will be:
• Experienced with with three or more of the above security technology areas
• Able to use and analyse information to assist incident resolution
• Able to use PowerShell to run scripts templates, develop own scripts and share with Operational/ Delivery leadership to improve operational performance across clients
• Experienced of and have a strong knowledge of Windows Server/ Active Directory
• Able to provide the core hours of service and you will form a part of an on-call rota that is rotated through the team.
Microsoft Security Engineer day to day duties:
• provide 2nd and 3rd line support to our clients
• Act as an escalation point for more junior team members
• Coach and mentor more junior team members.
• Be able to maintain a view of own workload and Identify Incidents that are approaching SLA breach and escalate to Operational Leads for action
• Promptly and accurately respond to and manage incidents/problems
• Adhere to high standards in regard to work/case notes, including as much relevant detail as possible
• Carry out routine maintenance and reporting activities.
• Scope and execute enhancements to the security products at the clients request.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com
Travel is an integral part of this position; candidates must be willing and able to travel within the UK as much as is required by the needs of our customers and our business. Although not frequent, this could also involve international assignments.
You’ll have ample opportunities for career growth and personal development, including continuing professional technology training and management training.