ERP Solution Architect
About the role
As an ERP Solution Architect, you provide architectural and big-picture oversight for development of new or enhanced software products and are responsible for ensuring quality and consistency of the software architecture across the system; you provide day-to-day technical guidance to the development teams. You define the system, technical, and application architectures for major areas of development, and recommend courses of action to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness. You stay up-to-date on business initiatives and objectives, particularly as these relate to infrastructure and development architecture issues.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Deploys ERP architecture by recommending hardware and software solutions (programming, configuring, uploading, downloading, monitoring, controlling, diagnosing, and documenting), tools, and utilities; preparing workflow and business rules including triggers, alerts, procedures, and integration standards; preparing development guidelines; building components and custom designs; designing and testing simulations; completing data migration; planning upgradeability; documenting system; resolving problems
• Technical support of solution road map and upgrade scripts
• Integrate packages and modules of third parties
• Assist in creating demo-environments and manage/maintain them
• Capture technical design of the solution/the product
• Follow-up on bugs and incidents about own products
• Manage knowledge transfer of analyst-programmers in order to maintain solutions
• Manage the overall quality of customizations, software architecture and technical installation of implemented projects
• Validates functional designs on their technical feasibility
• Design the technical architecture for integrating between AX and other applications
Your technical and non-technical skills include:
Results oriented / self-directed ability to drive change in unstructured environment
Strong client interface and presentation skills
Strong business acumen
Track record of initiative and outstanding performance
Excellent interpersonal skills-'Customer Focus'
Manages customer expectations effectively
Ability to quickly build relationships
Passion for learning
Strong time management skills
Working knowledge of at least one software development methodology
Working knowledge of Microsoft platform skills
Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
Global skill requirements to come; speak to hiring manages, capability leads, and region Talent Community champions for needs in your local market
What we offer
• Opportunity to work for Microsoft gold partner with unrivalled development and training
• Competitive base salary
• Access to Avanade University
• Dedicated career manager to encourage your progression
• Travel can be up to 80%. Our projects are based all over the UK.
• If the project to which you are assigned is not within commutable distance, you will usually stay in a hotel room 3 nights per week in order to work on-site 4 days per week. The 5th day is usually worked from home.
• Due to the nature of our business, this travel requirement is non negotiable.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients. Our professionals combine technology, business and Digital industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 28,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.