SC Cleared DevOps Engineer
17th October 2018
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
SC Cleared DevOps Engineer
Suitable candidates should have SC Clearance or be eligible to obtain SC Clearance
The role holder may manage a small/medium design team. They are a competent design authority on larger or more complex solutions, demonstrating an understanding of the customers' business and commercial issues. They identify, design and deliver larger or more complex architectures, strategies and specific solutions.
Responsible for the design and communication of structures to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs. Changes to service, process, organization, operating model and other aspects may be required in addition to technology components, and solutions must demonstrate how agreed requirements (such as automation of business processes) are met, any requirements which are not fully met or, and any options or considerations which require a business decision. The provision of comprehensive guidance on the development of, and modifications to, solution components to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices and that existing and planned solution components remain compatible.
Lead DevOps Engineer: an opportunity to build and lead a new DevOps function. Responsible for developing a set of consistent and repeatable DevOps processes and tooling ensuring availability, automation in an agile CI/CD delivery both on premise and in the cloud.
* Work with developers to drive the design and development of high-quality technical end to end solution deployments (incl. production, test and dev environments).
* Work with existing operation teams to ensure efficiencies and drive new ways of working
* Provide a consistent approach to DevOps across existing teams and projects
* Provide quantified delivery estimates for assigned changes & projects. Manages demand as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
* Manage all assigned DevOps projects or continuous improvement activities within change initiatives, projects or programme to fully meet the defined functional and non-functional requirements within budget and timescale.
Mandatory Skills Required:
Capability, Knowledge & Expertise
* Strong people and leadership skills with experience of driving cultural change
* A demonstrable understanding of the full Software Delivery Lifecycle
* Has demonstrable experience delivering high availability auto scaling containerised deployments in AWS or Azure
* Has experience working closely with IT Operations, IT Development and IT Service teams to promote DevOps culture.
* In depth understanding of continuous integration, continuous delivery, software configuration management, version control and release management.
* Cloud Computing services, specifically AWS or Microsoft Azure
* Version control solutions, specifically Git, GitHub, and SVN
* DevOps methods (integration & automation)
* Continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment tooling such as Jenkins/Drone
* Configuration management tooling such as Ansible and Puppet
* Automated tested tools such as Selenium
* Collaboration tooling such as Atlassian toolset
* Containerisation orchestration such as Kubernetes, ECS, ACS or similar
* Good knowledge and hands on experience of Database technologies such as Postgres, AWS RDS
* Working within Scrum, Kanban or Lean methodologies
* Good knowledge and hands on experience of Windows and Linux based operating systems
Desirable Skills Required:
* Experience of ITIL and IT Management systems, such as ServiceNow, Jira, and Confluence
* Automated testing tools
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance