||Direct Line Group
||Direct Line Group
DLG Digital is in the driving seat, and we're taking the lead. We’re turning our brands into digital leaders and revolutionising how people use our products and services. That’s why we’re currently recruiting a QA Engineer to join our ever-growing Digital Department. Work with us, and you’ll find an in-house role with an agency feel.
Purpose of Role:
Create and maintain QA engineering processes, frameworks and automation for designated scrum teams. Drive quality agenda across the department through technology, process, education & knowledge sharing and innovation.
What your day will look like:
• Define QA requirements, architecture, design & specifications and test conditions.
• Actively participate in planning, estimation, and prioritisation processes to ensure successful execution of QA activities.
• Design, build, and expand our cloud-based, automation framework.
• Drive and own BDD and TDD approach across Digital to ensure mapping back to pre-determined criteria, recording and reporting outcomes.
• Create and maintain QA reporting capability across entire engineering function.
• Create automated, browser-based, end-to-end functional tests using the Selenium WebDriver (APIs, as opposed to record/playback IDE).
• Take ownership of own personal development and career progression.
• Identify, own and manage the risks involved in running our business appropriate to my role, in line with the company risk framework.
• Provide relevant support to Systems, Software and UI Engineering teams and teams within Digital Services.
• Support and mentor fellow team members.
• Research new technologies and their potential uses on the Direct Line Group web sites.
• Provide proof of concepts and advise the business of the relevant benefits of investing in these technologies.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
At Direct Line Group, we’re shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It’s not just what we do; it’s how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking - after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands - including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag - change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It’s hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. Join us and help us transform the industry we lead.