Front End Web Developer / Web Designer
||£30,000 - £35,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: Front End Web Developer
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum depending on experience
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The company an award winning, established full-service marketing agency based in central Godalming, Surrey, is looking for a new member for their web team to work on websites.
The role requires experience of responsive (ideally Bootstrap 4), jQuery, CSS & HTML5 and working with a CMS. Knowledge of SEO an advantage. You will be working in WordPress and Umbraco as well as potentially other CMS. Full training will be provided on other CMS.
You will be working from their offices in Central Godalming and will work alongside experienced developers whilst taking full ownership over your own projects. You will need to have a good eye for detail, an ability to work with a signed-off design (theme or PSD) as well as be able to help the graphic design team with the design of dynamic and interactive elements.
You will work on a mix of big name clients and SME clients and will need to get going on projects straight away so ideally you should have existing commercial experience working on similar projects. You will need 2+ years industry experience in a similar role, ideally at another agency but a recent graduate with the right attitude and experience would be considered.
* Front End Web Development
* To jointly work on creative projects from concept design through to final execution
* Work within the design team & collaborate with designers and web developers alike
* Building micro sites and web pages
* Coding HTML/CSS3 responsive pages
* Integrate front end with CMS
* Maintaining existing websites
* Testing and performance checks
* WordPress experience
* Hand-coding CSS3 HTML5 responsive design (ideally using Bootstrap)
* Adobe Photoshop (an advantage)
* Adherence to W3C standards
* Be able to understand briefs and communicate ideas and solutions
* Be a friendly and approachable person with a can-do attitude who wants to forge a career
* SEO knowledge
* Umbraco CMS experience
* Graphic design skills
* Some PHP knowledge
* Source control experience
Ideally you will hold a formal computing or digital production degree but this is a great role for anyone with the right foundation skills and experience who is keen to develop their career further in this fast-moving industry.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.