Frontend Developer (Full Stack)
Basebone brings together engaging apps, games, media, edutainment and social connections through paid subscription portals.
A mobile entertainment company driven by performance. Business alliances, performance marketing and innovative technology are the three pillars of our business model.
We have delivered mobile entertainment services through paid subscription portals across 4 continents focusing on developing markets, achieving over 30 Million user subscriptions in South Africa alone.
Since our inception in 2007, we are self-funded and mobile-driven, growing rapidly into a diverse team of over 100 talented professionals based in 7 offices across Europe and Africa.
Core responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Work with a team of programmers developing and maintaining the Product Suite including its front- and back-end.
• You will help fast developing new features for our Product while ensuring a functional infrastructure link between the UI design and the back-end part.
• Translate into technical action points the requirements that come from the Product manager.
• Help maintaining the development and product environment.
• Help ensuring system scalability and stability.
• We expect you to take your own initiatives and responsibilities in our team and will put you in charge of some parts of our system.
Qualifications and Experience:
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years with either Angular, React or Vue
• 1+ years experience with a scripting language like PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby etc. is a plus
• 1+ years of Laravel experience is a plus
• 4+ years with databases (sql + no-sql)
• Complex SQL queries and database schema design
• Experience with modern server components (Memcache, Couchbase, RabbitMQ, etc).
• Working in a collaborative team environment using like Git
• Knowledge of common web security vulnerabilities such as SQL Injection and XSS.
• Shell scripting (ksh, bourne, bash, csh, etc)
• Familiarity with agile methodologies
• Strong work ethic, demonstrating a commitment to both quality and deadlines
• Experience integrating open source and third-party applications into existing systems
• Familiarity with source control systems such as Git, Subversion, etc
• Scrum, Kanban, or other agile methodologies.
• Collaborating with engineering teams in multiple locations globally
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated, with the drive and initiative to carry out projects according to plan, and the ability to quickly adapt in a fast-changing environment
• Experience working in a mobile marketing and technology start-up environment.
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button.
Basebone is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By sending your CV, you give your explicit consent to BASEBONE for the treatment and storage of your personal data as required by the European Union General Data Protection Regulation.