Senior Java Developer
||£45,000 - £70,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
As an Senior Java Developer at Basebone, you will have the opportunity to work on some challenging projects for a fast-growing platform. Your primary focus will be to build, expand and maintain an aggregation platform to allow simplified interaction of clients with various mobile networks for the purpose of billing and messaging. You will participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle.
Basebone brings together engaging apps, games, media, edutainment and social connections through paid subscription portals.
A mobile entertainment company driven by performance. Business alliances, performance marketing and innovative technology are the three pillars of our business model.
We have delivered mobile entertainment services through paid subscription portals across 4 continents focusing on developing markets, achieving over 30 Million user subscriptions in South Africa alone.
Since our inception in 2007, we are self-funded and mobile-driven, growing rapidly into a diverse team of over 100 talented professionals based in 7 offices across Europe and Africa.
Core responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• To work with a team of programmers developing and maintaining a mobile billing and messaging platform including its front- and back-end.
• Working on Debian/AWS based servers with Java / Erlang in tight integration.
• Develop and extend connections to mobile networks and aggregators all over the world, extend web based APIs, work on server side applications for our CRM system and create PHP / Bash scripts to schedule tasks, maximize performance of integrations and lead technical communication with your opposites at mobile networks, aggregators and suppliers.
• We expect you to take your own initiatives and responsibilities in our team and will put you in charge of some parts of our system.
Qualifications and Experience
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
• 4+ years with JAVA
• 2+ years with Erlang advantageous
• 3+ years experience with a scripting language like PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby etc.
• 4+ years of Linux experience, preferably debian based.
• 4+ years with MySql
• Complex SQL queries and database schema design.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Experience with modern server components (Memcache, Couchbase, RabbitMQ, etc).
• Working in a collaborative team environment using tools like Git and Slack.
• Knowledge of common web security vulnerabilities such as SQL Injection and XSS.
• Shell scripting (ksh, bourne, bash, csh, etc).
• Familiarity with agile methodologies
• Strong knowledge of fundamental computer science and software design concepts
• Strong work ethic, demonstrating a commitment to both quality and deadlines
• Detail oriented mindset
• Strong problem-solver
• Experience integrating open source and third-party applications into existing systems
• Familiarity with source control systems such as Git, Subversion, etc
• Scrum, Kanban, or other agile methodologies.
• Collaborating with engineering teams in multiple locations globally
• Experience with application profilers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated, with the drive and initiative to carry out projects according to plan, and the ability to quickly adapt in a fast-changing environment
• Experience working in a mobile marketing and technology start-up environment.
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button.
Basebone is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By sending your CV, you give your explicit consent to BASEBONE for the treatment and storage of your personal data as required by the European Union General Data Protection Regulation.