Basebone is looking for Data Analyst/Scientist for it’s mobile billing, marketing and entertainment systems and the huge amount of data it produces. We’re addicted to mobile, marketing and technology in a fast paced, ever changing industry and you will be joining a highly motivated and capable team.
Basebone brings together engaging apps, games, media, edutainment and social connections through paid subscription portals.
A mobile entertainment company driven by performance. Business alliances, performance marketing and innovative technology are the three pillars of our business model.
We have delivered mobile entertainment services through paid subscription portals across 4 continents focusing on developing markets, achieving over 30 Million user subscriptions in South Africa alone.
Since our inception in 2007, we are self-funded and mobile-driven, growing rapidly into a diverse team of over 100 talented professionals based in 7 offices across Europe and Africa.
Core responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Help setup data analytics as a cornerstone of the business
• Engage the teams to find where data mining is missing and set priorities independently
• Work with the teams on an ongoing basis to refine and deploy the analytic solutions
• Analyse and structure raw data from multiple sources
• Clean and analyse data to identify patterns and useful business information on real-life situations
• Ongoing forecasting of business development
Qualifications and experience:
• Degree in Mathematics, computer science, statistics or related fields
• Excellent programming skills, particularly with programming languages for statistical computing especially within R opposed to Python
• Prior experience with machine learning and/or statistical modelling
• Knowledge of SQL
• Advanced knowledge of statistics and statistical packages (e.g. SPSS, SAS, R, STATA, Mathematic, Matlab, etc.)
• Knowledge in Big Data technology (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, etc.) and Cloud Systems as Amazon Web Services
• Experience with Cassandra / CQL
• You can shell script (ksh, bourne, bash, csh, PHP, etc)
• Great team player
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects, rapidly changing priorities and deliver results under pressure
To find out more and to apply, please click the APPLY button.
Basebone is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By sending your CV, you give your explicit consent to BASEBONE for the treatment and storage of your personal data as required by the European Union General Data Protection Regulation.