||£45000 - £60000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
2206BR Analyst (Statistician)
NATS is the UK's leading air navigation service provider, handling over 2 million flights each year. It provides air traffic control services from two control centres supporting airports all around the UK, as well as a wide range of commercial solutions to over 30 countries internationally.
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic Statistician, with a background in Data Science, to provide a blend of statistical, technical, social and commercial services to the business and represent NATS in international working groups.
You will be expected to apply your skills to a wide variety of complex problems in air traffic management. This will involve:
* applying or developing novel tools and methodologies to real-world challenges;
* participating in risk modelling to identify safe and optimally efficient airspace designs and air traffic control procedures;
* providing support and mentorship to Analytics colleagues as required, for example, by developing and delivering statistical training and maintaining an awareness of developments in the statistical field to be able to bring new knowledge into the company.
Essential skills and experience
* Confirmed experience as a statistician
* Validated understanding of the applications of statistics to real-world problems
* Degree in a numerate subject
* Extensive experience in statistical testing and modelling
* Strong IT skills, particularly with programming languages, databases, statistical packages and models.
* Ability to produce clear, concise reports and able to present them to the wider business
* Strong communicator
Additional vacancy information
In addition to salary, NATS offers a range of excellent benefits which includes a top class contributory DC pension scheme.
We are passionate about being an equal opportunities employer, treating all colleagues in a fair and encouraging manner. We appreciate and value the diversity of our employees and the inclusive environment we work in. Having employees with a wide range of skills, knowledge, creativity, innovation and energy is significant to us, and allows us to be the industry leaders we are.