Senior UX Designer - OVO Energy (Retail)
||£65000 - £65000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior UX Designer - OVO Energy (Retail)
Leading role across a major project
OVO’s UX community is growing and we’re looking for someone to join the product team responsible for our new consumer energy platform. You’ll be helping us design better tools and services so we can help power the UK’s sustainable energy future.
Our customers tell us energy is confusing: it’s hard to feel in control of it, and bills are difficult to understand. We’re addressing these issues through digital services which unlock the potential of smart meters and accurate energy usage data. We’ve built the basics: allowing customers to see their energy costs and handle their account, and are working towards the exciting opportunities offered by electric vehicles, storage batteries, and connected homes.
We’re building the future of our business and we’ve a lot to do. You’ll lead the service design, coordinate research, continue championing user-centred design, coach designers and non-designers alike, and push for organisational change where needed.
You’ll work in Bristol, and also collaborate with colleagues in London.
- design and deliver tools which help our customers understand and take charge of their energy " one of the biggest challenges in our industry
- integrate lean UX as a core and highly visible part of the product strategy
- help your product team continuously align their priorities to customer needs
- motivate everyone to participate in research, and to design with insights
- advocate and coach an agile design approach closely aligned with iterative development
- show where UX is driving customer and business value across our organisation
You’ll define, shape, and deliver live solutions for our customers. And you’ll strive to ensure the user experience is consistent, human-centred, and delivers a best-in-industry service.
What you’ll be doing
First three months
- immerse yourself in the energy industry and our market landscape
- meet our customers, and understand the programme of work
- contribute to defining the product roadmap with your product manager
- show your team how good design enables a lean and iterative development approach
- get to know your new team, and connect with our wider research and design community
Within six months
- involve everyone in a culture of collaborative research, design, and testing
- closely pair with developers to ensure feasible and inclusive solutions
- plan and lead workshops to bring people together and build shared understanding
- coordinate across multiple agile teams, and with operations and customer care teams
- apply research insights to how we might evolve our service in the future
You’ll love working with us if you...
- have a passion for understanding real people’s real problems, and an ability to coach the people you work with not to jump to solutions too quickly
- have a critical thinking process and enjoy studying problems to puzzle out the challenges
- recognise assumptions (including your own) and seek ways to try and invalidate them
- have a diverse and evolving toolbox of methods and techniques for visualising problems, user journeys, and interactions, as well as for developing and testing solutions
- are empathetic with colleagues as well as customers, especially when you’re communicating research findings, explaining the rationale behind a design, or challenging ways of working
- know your strengths, yet recognise there’s always more to learn from others
- are comfortable with change and embrace iteration
UX at OVO means helping teams see their product through the eyes of real people understanding their context, motivations, and needs"so we can improve things for everyone.
Our researchers and designers use whatever methods and media are best suited to the challenge, and contribute to strategic choices about where user experience improvements could have the greatest impact. We like to use pair design, love design workshops, and put participants at the centre of our research. We fall in love with the problem, not our solutions.
OVO believes in fuelling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all. We were set up to challenge the status quo: to be the good ones, always find a way, and build something great. We embrace simplicity, transparency, and treating people and our planet fairly. And we understand that attracting and keeping the best talent is key to our bright future, so our people will always share in our success.
We celebrate diversity and value equal opportunity: the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
To apply for the role of UX Designer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: UX Designer, User Experience Designer, UX Developer, UI Designer, UI Developer, User Interface Designer, Front End Designer, Creative Designer, Multimedia Designer, Designer.